rukind.com

Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

Chat about Equipment Info
 #87002  by cSuttle
 Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:16 pm
Hi Gang,

I just did another inlaid control plate for Post Guitars. This was pretty unique since the inlay is actually 3D. The rings actually are above the surface in front of the planet and below the inlay on the sides. I've never done anything quite like this before. Check it out. Gary, the guy who owns the guitar, said he would share pictures of the guitar when he has a chance. Nice looking axe too.

#87012  by keirweir
 Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:35 am
Thats very similar to the Saturn in the Cripe tribute guitar. SO funny... I considered this idea when I contacted Cliff to do my Bolt.
 #87045  by cSuttle
 Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:30 pm
keirweir wrote:Thats very similar to the Saturn in the Cripe tribute guitar. SO funny... I considered this idea when I contacted Cliff to do my Bolt.
Actually, that is what the client originally came to me with is a picture of the Cripe Saturn. So, I took the idea and ran with it. I changed the rings to give more of a gap and make it more 3D, then I angled the rings to improve the effect, put a shadow on the planet and the rings and then added the star field (the client's idea). I like going the extra step.

The picture you sent me of your bolt cover was cool. Why don't you post that?
 #87073  by keirweir
 Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:51 am
I thought I posted it Cliff but it turns out it was facebook.

Here is a comparrison shot of the original cap (on right) and Shark Inlay (on left)

Here is a picture of the new cap on my guitar. With lights the bolt will look electric!