Chat about Equipment Info
 #82621  by hogan

Not the biggest Ratdog/Karan fan but it's nice to see a guy that plays stuff that's more instep w/ what i'm into using the Axe. Accept for the 4-5?, myself included, here that use the unit there are not a lot of people in that world who care about/want to talk about GD, Jerry, Bob et al.
 #82649  by tigerstrat

There seems to be a slough of AxeFX advocates; Adrian Belew said some awfully nice stuff about it in a recent ad I saw.
 #82681  by Grateful.Ed

FWIW, It looks like Bobby had an eleven rack at the Coney Island and Lowell Futhur shows this past week. I hadn't noticed this before, but it may have been there last fall/this spring.....pretty sure he never had with Ratdog.
 #82689  by strumminsix

Grateful.Ed wrote:FWIW, It looks like Bobby had an eleven rack at the Coney Island and Lowell Futhur shows this past week. I hadn't noticed this before, but it may have been there last fall/this spring.....pretty sure he never had with Ratdog.
Check back on earlier posts. Believe first sighting was Dec of 2009.
 #82704  by playingdead

These are guys who have played through everything out there and can play through whatever they want ... the box does work, folks.

Mark Karan:
“A "dyed-in-the-wool" tube freak, I didn't even WANT to believe the Axe/Fx could be a realistic option for me... boy was i wrong. It delivers on all-important FEEL and VIBE. and can effectively take the place of my entire multi-amp touring rig."

Adrian Belew
“Powerful, pristine, flexible, deep, monstrous and dead quiet. The Axe-Fx is world-class processing at its best. It's all I need!”

Steve Vai:
“The flexibility of the Axe-Fx is supreme. I did extensive tone testing with it and found it to be flawless. It's all I need now. It makes me feel like every day is Christmas. It's exceptional and I'm grateful.”

Dweezil Zappa:
“The Axe-Fx is a brilliant invention. You can recreate any classic tone with exacting precision as well as make your own signature sound.”

Neal Schon:
“Having tried every box out there, I believe that the Axe-Fx is simply the best. It reacts like a great amp and the FX are truly something to behold!”

John Petrucci:
“The Axe-Fx has completely and forever changed the way I look at guitar processing. This box does an incredible number of things astonishingly well.”
 #82724  by JonnyBoy

That's the kind of guy this thing is made for, no need to have a 30 ft pedal board and a 3 hour wire check. But he rarely has to deal with the little things anyway... The Axe will make personal roadies a thing of the past, or at least their lives a whole lot easier. It is expensive to maintain all that old crap too, one box to rule them all! I am waiting until I have put enough hours on this rig to justify a change plus I really like it... I haven't ruled out the eleven rack either.. Its a little less frilly, but there is only so much you need when you are a local musician playing blues/rock/dead. I wonder what 2011 will bring us....
 #108337  by jkstraw

mkaufman wrote:I've seen MK play with tons of effects boxes. It will be interesting to see what he does with them.

mk
Just watching the Ratdog rehearsal (01/24/2012) and Mark is still using the AxeFX - looks like he is still running the ultra.
 #108339  by strumminsix

jkstraw wrote:
mkaufman wrote:I've seen MK play with tons of effects boxes. It will be interesting to see what he does with them.

mk
Just watching the Ratdog rehearsal (01/24/2012) and Mark is still using the AxeFX - looks like he is still running the ultra.

With his own effects?
 #108340  by jkstraw

Unfortunately I couldn't make out what he had in the way of stomp and/or controller on the floor. Plenty of shots with the axefx behind him though. I'm really curious to get a better look tomorrow night.