rukind.com

Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

Chat about Equipment Info
 #159656  by milobender
 Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:06 pm
joethepainter wrote: Details???
Thanks :smile: :smile: :smile: She came out great. Going to a guy in NC... Hopefully he'll hate it and I can buy it back "o)

Body core is Padauk, layered Maple, Wenge, capped on both sides with Quilted Maple (consecutive cuts, same board), stained blue.
Neck is Padauk, Maple, Wenge, Curly Maple. Fretboard Gabon Ebony, 24 medium frets, MOP inlay and side dots. Brass nut, Gotoh Delta locking tuners.

Kluson bridge, Io custom brass tailpiece and pup surround.
Full Garcia electronics package, including 2 preamps. See the Control pic.

I've got more pics on the FB page: https://www.facebook.com/iocustomguitars/
 #159822  by Staemius
 Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:09 pm
I'm the happy owner of Brian's latest. Sounds/plays as good as it looks! Looked long and hard at a number of luthiers for what will be my lone lifetime custom purchase - and glad I chose Brian. A pleasure to work with and very helpful throughout the build with ideas for what I was after. He suggested a bit of a bigger neck than I had recently been playing - great idea - I was worried (small hands) but cradles the hand wonderfully and no fatigue. Great player. Customs are never cheap - but Brian is very reasonable compared to all main brands and many other Jerry style luthiers out there. Over the moon - thanks Brian!
milobender liked this
 #159831  by jgraum
 Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:29 am
Really Dig this version that Robert Rusch built me over a year ago. It plays and sounds fantastic. Very versatile with the coil splits and the addition of the Alembic blaster roll knob. I use it for all kinds of gigs and sessions. It actually plays on mostly non dead related material and sounds great through any amp I run it through (Matchless, princetons, twins, Swart....)