Chat about Equipment Info
 #73006  by TheOtherJuan

I am new to this Forum. One of the active guys here, trking8, is a buddy of mine and he gave me one of the Adamas picks. I was hooked, of course. I love these things. You may not know this, but Adamas currently has a supply of these available. Here is the text of a recent email from the receptionist, Anna, at Dunlop:

Good Morning John,
Thank you for your e-mail. This pick is considered "discontinued" because it
is not readily available at the distributor level. I currently have stock
because we have the materials to produce a small stock of picks. We do have
some requests for the Adamas picks, so my production will keep producing a
small stock until all of the materials are exhausted. People can contact me
directly if they would like to purchase the Adamas picks because they are
not available in stores or on many websites. I would be more than happy to
help anyone who would like to purchase the Adamas picks. Please feel free to
contact me if you have any questions or concerns.

Thank You and Warmest Regards,
Anna
Dunlop Manufacturing, Inc.

(707) 745-2722
(800)722-3434 Toll Free

http://www.jimdunlop.com

live to play live®

I just called and ordered two bags of one dozen each at $15.27 per bag. Anna told me it is cool to have anyone interested call her directly (she's very pleasant and helpful) and place an order. There are currently 194 dozen available.

BTW, someone is selling a dozen of these on ebay for an opening bid of $36. Just call Anna and order them. I told her I was going to post this here and she said that's fine.

TheOtherJuan
Last edited by TheOtherJuan on Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #73007  by Rusty the Scoob

Thanks, Juan! the first one that I've been using (on bass!) out of the two dozen that I bought is starting to show a little wear and tear on the edges. :lol: You'll really like these picks, I think. I was a 2 mm pick user already, and these are still a nice tone upgrade.
 #73009  by jdsmodulus

Im glad to hear this, I ordered a dozen back when we had the last "run" on them. I gave a few away and lost a few in the shuffle but I have about 6 or so left and I like them for sure I just dont use them all that much. I still would like to have a dozen or so on hand. Thanks for the link. :cool:
 #73011  by keirweir

I have a nice little supply of these from last year. I am still using the same pic although there is a good amount of wear on it. Once I got use to the 2mm (I used 3mm for 10 years) I was hooked. These are the best picks ever. I don't use them for my accoustic I actually use wooden picks. I have a purpleheart and Coco Bolo picks I got off ebay. If you don't have Adamas yes give them a try.

:peas:
 #73044  by Chuckles

Hah. I once posted when someone mentioned "best picks" how absurd the notion was. Then I won one of these in a contest here and am totally hooked... thanks for the tip! :peas:
 #73110  by Rusty the Scoob

A pretty good substitute is available at any guitar center and probably most other music stores. Only $2-3 for a bag of 12, and they're 90% of the way to the Adamas picks. I find the Adamas to have a slightly brighter attack (on bass) and I prefer the raised lettering on the Adamas, but these are a very close second, and cheap enough to not worry if you lose them in the wash or wherever.

#73112  by keirweir

Rusty the Scoob wrote:A pretty good substitute is available at any guitar center and probably most other music stores. Only $2-3 for a bag of 12, and they're 90% of the way to the Adamas picks. I find the Adamas to have a slightly brighter attack (on bass) and I prefer the raised lettering on the Adamas, but these are a very close second, and cheap enough to not worry if you lose them in the wash or wherever.

Right on!
 #73559  by TheOtherJuan

keirweir wrote:
Rusty the Scoob wrote:A pretty good substitute is available at any guitar center and probably most other music stores. Only $2-3 for a bag of 12, and they're 90% of the way to the Adamas picks. I find the Adamas to have a slightly brighter attack (on bass) and I prefer the raised lettering on the Adamas, but these are a very close second, and cheap enough to not worry if you lose them in the wash or wherever.

Right on!
Funny you mention that, I purchased one of these when I learned the graphites were unavailable, and I agree that they are close enough to be a valid substitute. There's just something about the feel of the Adamas that I prefer, but the price/value ratio is pretty good.
 #103349  by mijknahs

I got this email today after writing to Dunlop complaining about the discontinuation of the Adamas graphite picks:
Good Afternoon James,
Thank you for your e-mail. I understand your feeling regarding the discontinuation of the Adamas picks and you are not alone in your upset. I have made a list of the names and e-mail address for customers requesting the Adamas picks. It is possible, if I receive enough requests that I can pleas my case to production about making another run. Unfortunately, I can not guarantee that another run will be made but I am trying to see what I can do. I will add you to my list and if anything changes, I will definitely e-mail you. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns.

Anna Rasmussen

arasmussen@jimdunlop.com
(707) 745-2722
If you want to see these picks again (even a limited run), please email Anna and let her know. The more people who do it, the better.

Thanks!
 #103350  by SpaceYrface43

I just received a response from Anna today as well, Jim is right the more people we get to email or call on them the better chance we have of bringing these back.

Good Afternoon Justin,
Thank you for your e-mail. I have been notified by my production department that the 2.0mm Adamas Graphite picks are discontinued and we will not be making anymore of these picks, I'm sorry. I will add your name and e-mail address to a list of customer's requesting another run of these picks. If we do make a new run, I will send you a message. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Anna Rasmussen

(707) 745-2722