rukind.com

Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

Chat about Equipment Info
 #75185  by SarnoMusicSolutions
 Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:22 pm
See the little blue light under the rack and a bit to the right? That's the SGBB.
BobRack1.jpg
BobRack1.jpg (32.67 KiB) Viewed 1541 times
BobRack2.jpg
BobRack2.jpg (251.33 KiB) Viewed 1533 times
 #75204  by waldo041
 Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:47 am
i got an email request and subsequent phone conversation for a request by John K to get him a tiger buffer clone. thanks to brad for dropping my name! but i had a short experience backstage during soundcheck! pretty surreal experience being that close and at the same level while they were in the jam part of St.of Circumstance. While i didn't get a formal meeting with John or the rest of them, i was able to pass along to the roadies a tiger buffer clone and with all hopes it will be in the guitar soon! too short of a time to change the plans i had already, but enough time to deliver the goods!

thanks again Brad!

so that makes the list of Jerry playing Tiger Buffer users;
John Kadlecik - Furthur - Formely DSO
Vic DeRobertis - Playing Dead
Tom Wright - Ramblin' Rose Band
Jeff Mattson - Zen Tricksters - DarkStar Orchestra
Jeff Martinson - Shakedown and Legion of Jerry
Stu Allen - JGB - soon to be DSO
Steely Pete - Guitarist/Steel Guitarist
Mik Bondy - GARCIA(JGB Tribute) & Tapestry

love to get a complete list of users and their band names also, so if you want to be on this list, drop me a PM.

peace,
waldo
Last edited by waldo041 on Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
 #75235  by dleonard
 Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:40 pm
Wow, how cool. Congrats alot on that. Can only imagine if JG was still around, he'd likely be using one as well.
 #75237  by tigerstrat
 Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:53 pm
waldo041 wrote:i got an email request and subsequent phone conversation for a request by John K to get him a tiger buffer clone. thanks to brad for dropping my name! but i had a short experience backstage during soundcheck! pretty surreal experience being that close and at the same level while they were in the jam part of St.of Circumstance. While i didn't get a formal meeting with John or the rest of them, i was able to pass along to the roadies a tiger buffer clone and with all hopes it will be in the guitar soon! too short of a time to change the plans i had already, but enough time to deliver the goods!

thanks again Brad!

so that makes the list of Jerry playing Tiger Buffer users;
Vic - Playin Dead
Tigerstrat - Ramblin' Rose
Jeff Mattson - Zen Tricksters - DarkStar Orchestra
Stu Allen - JGB - soon to be DSO
And hopefully soon,
John Kadlecik - Furthur - Formely DSO

love to get a complete list of users and their band names also, so if you want to be on this list, drop me a PM.

peace,
waldo
Don't forget Steely Pete B., although I don't know if he is FT in any band at the mo'... that's kinda funny, last time I tried to offer the TUGB to JK, about 4 mos ago he kinda poo pooed it, like all buffers basically sound the same...
 #75242  by hogan
 Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:03 pm
tigerstrat wrote:
Don't forget Steely Pete B., although I don't know if he is FT in any band at the mo'... that's kinda funny, last time I tried to offer the TUGB to JK, about 4 mos ago he kinda poo pooed it, like all buffers basically sound the same...

He probably didn't have $75.
 #75244  by Naataanii
 Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:25 pm
Thats Hilarious!!!
 #75246  by Dozin
 Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:17 pm
Does he have a buffer in his guitar now?
 #75249  by SarnoMusicSolutions
 Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:59 pm
I think the CB1 died recently, and the past few shows (at least Chicago) were without a buffer. He said he was running with the loop always on, so the pedals helped buffer the path properly. I bet he'll be up and buffered in no time.

Brad
 #75413  by waldo041
 Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:05 am
John Kadlecik stated to me the buffer went in before the first night at colorado and it sounds great!

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KpCvQLqcujA&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KpCvQLqcujA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

peace,
waldo
 #107007  by Jerry1996x
 Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:28 pm
I would say put me on the list, though im just in a little high school band! LOL :cool: