Chat about Equipment Info
 #64877  by caspersvapors

After almost 3 months of waiting, it finally came on Thursday.

Yeah thats right! :cool:

Its a Breedlove Revival OM-R. Sitka Spruce top, Rosewood back/sides and Ebony fingerboard. It is a truly fantastic guitar.

The only 2 customizations I stipulated were a narrower neck (1 11/16ths) and pickup installed. The LR Baggs Active Element pickup system is fantastic. On my previous acoustic whenever Id plug it in there was a lot of humming and feedback and it was extremely sensitive to how high the volume was and where you were in relation to the amp. But with this pickup system there was none of that at all and it was a huge relief. And also theres no control panel cluttering up the side of the guitar, the controls are right in the sound hole!

This guitar would not have been possible for me to own without the help of Jack Rosen who goes by the name "jackr" on these boards. Jack saw one of my posts in the past when I was still looking for the right guitar and informed me that he was a Breedlove dealer. I knew what I wanted but all the guitars that had what I wanted were at least 2k and went up from there. But Jack was willing to give me an unbelievable deal and in doing so I was able to afford this incredible instrument. And the waiting for it was the hardest part, I would email Jack weekly bugging him on how my guitar was doing and he'd do his best to find out exactly what stage in the build process it was in. The guy was extremely patient with me.

I had not had much playing time with Breedloves before putting in the order, just some Atlas' at a local Guitar Center. Furthermore I did not know this Jack Rosen guy at all beforehand. So I was really taking a gamble here, buying a guitar I hadnt played from a guy I didnt know. But Jack supplied me with the proper info and I was assured that he was legit. It was all worth it when the guitar that arrived at my door surpassed all the expectations I had! It sounds excellent, it plays excellent and it looks excellent. So if any of you guys are interested you should check out Jacks site: http://cjrmusic.com/index.htm
 #64888  by NashvilleMike

+1 on Jack Rosen being a good egg.
 #64896  by caspersvapors

Chuckles wrote:Cool story. Glad you got the guitar you dreamed about!

And, I totally agree with you on giving those who have treated you kindly in deals their due props...
nice touch.
plus I know theres a lot of Breedlove fans on here, so I figured why waste your money at Guitar Center when we can just go through a fellow Rukinder
 #64909  by jackr

+1 for me!!! :lol:

Honestly, I really get my jollies when someone is happy with a new instrument they get from me.
 #64917  by NashvilleMike

jackr wrote:Honestly, I really get my jollies when someone is happy with a new instrument they get from me

OK, now I am uncomfortable....
 #64925  by jackr

NashvilleMike wrote:
jackr wrote:Honestly, I really get my jollies when someone is happy with a new instrument they get from me

OK, now I am uncomfortable....

Funny!!

Maybe "jollies" was not the best word to use! Maybe I should have said that I really get off when someone is happy with a new instrument they get from me. (now doesnt that make you feel more comfortable?) (just kidding of course)