Chat about Equipment Info
 #64114  by jester536

I've just recently purchases a Boss DD-3...I like it...Here's the problem. I'm finding I like a certain amount of delay for rhythm and quite a bit more for leads (some songs more than others). Is there a better pedal out there...I've seen a Two Timer but I don't think that has an adequate amount of delay. Is this something that I really need to get an expression pedal for?
Thanks guys.
 #64119  by zezozeceglutz

Something with tap tempo capability would probably be your best bet. If you like Boss, the DD-5 and above have tap tempo capability with a separate foot switch or the EHX Stereo Memory Man with Hazarai can do it with the second switch as well as give you a bunch of different delay modes and a 30 second looper. I have the EHX so I'm biased toward it. You can get them for well under $150 used all over the place, by the way, if the new price looks intimidating. Both the higher end Boss pedals and the EHX will give you more delay time than the DD-3 or Two Timer
 #64123  by jackr

another way to do it is to have two delay pedals. Toggle one off and the other on when you need a different setting.