Chat about Equipment Info
 #53581  by tigerstrat

Pretty hard to say w/o seeing the photo. Is it online? Color or B&W?

Jerry playing any color SG past 1970 would be news to me. Sure it's not a red SG (maybe a brief revival of the '61-62)? Also, WHICH Fillmore- "East", "West" or "Auditorium"?
 #53585  by jonarobb

willmusic wrote:Just saw a photo of Jerry w/ a black SG that is supposedly from the Fillmore in '71. Input anyone?
I'd love to see that if you have a link or something. Weir used a black Les Paul pretty regularly in 71'. Jerry used so many guitars in 1971 it wouldn't surprise me if there was another but I'd still love to see it just to confirm.
 #53592  by willmusic

Just saw the pic again. It's in the book Grateful Dead 365. Just came out not long ago but has tons of intimate photos never before seen by, well, many if any of us. And the caption says Fillmore 71. Color photo, black SG, large batwing pickguard. Interesting stuff!!
 #53607  by Pete B.

I'm looking at this pic. Kinda hard to say if it is black (to me), due to the lighting. It appears the SG in question has no Bigsby tailpiece.
In the preceeding pages there is a pic of a maroon SG with NRPS sticker (no Bigsby)... Also a maroon SG with a sticker in the same place (can't tell if it's the same sticker) with Bigsby tailpiece.
'Will need to look at more pictoral evidence.