rukind.com

Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

Chat about Equipment Info
 #53588  by jonarobb
 Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:19 pm
mkaufman wrote:Yup - that's the infamous GB10. I own a '78 GB10 too - awesome guitar!

mk
Michael, would this be the first time you've seen Weir using it. After digging through the Ibanez pages, I see this guitar is well discussed. Looks like this might be the first photo in 30+ years actually confirming it's existence.....
 #53591  by willmusic
 Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:49 pm
jonarobb wrote:
mkaufman wrote:Yup - that's the infamous GB10. I own a '78 GB10 too - awesome guitar!

mk
Michael, would this be the first time you've seen Weir using it. After digging through the Ibanez pages, I see this guitar is well discussed. Looks like this might be the first photo in 30+ years actually confirming it's existence.....

"I'd seen him play that with Wasserman years and years ago. He also played it in the video "Hellhounds on my Trail: the Afterlife of Robert Johnson"."
It's a documentary about Robert Johnson's contemporaries. Bobby and Wass play a sweet version of Walkin Blues w/ Warren Haynes and Andy Hess. It's also documented as the first time Bobby and Warren played together. You get a real good look at the Benson. If you can check it out!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0197544/