rukind.com

Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

Chat about Equipment Info
 #52873  by willmusic
 Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:27 pm
Here are some pics of one of which the whereabouts are still known. Something like a half a dozen were made and when I spoke to someone at Alembic (I feel bad that I can't remember her name) several years ago, they still had one that was to go up for sale. O how I wish I could pick up on one of these bad boys!
 #52874  by Laytonco
 Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:37 pm
You spoke to either Susan or Mica Wickersham. The folks at Alembic are incredibly kind. I have a tribute with Tiger Inlay (sticker, thanks Jack of Roses!) and play Bobby in the band. How bout that? But, I get really nice tight Bobby tones out of her. Props to Alembic!

Peace,

Gil
 #52879  by waldo041
 Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:36 pm
jerrys stage played "peanut" had a gibson neck on it and believed to be made by rick turner. his small shaped guitar is something he still does.

http://www.renaissanceguitars.com/index.html

nice pic's and thanks for sharing!

peace,
waldo
 #52910  by tigerstrat
 Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:36 am
Someone needs to be explicit: Other than the basic body shape, the Alembic "Peanuts" are totally different, almost unrelated to the one-of-a-kind Turner/Gibson "Peanut" that Jerry performed on.
 #52911  by b weird
 Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:58 am
That guitar in the picture is different than the "peanut". Seems like it has a little, weird cut away.

I had never seen that pic before today. I had seen a couple of other blurry pic from the aud but none as good as that one.
Last edited by b weird on Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
 #52912  by waldo041
 Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:59 am
alembics history in a nutshell was, they upgraded gear for the working musician. then moved into modding gear and upgrading instruments or reworking guitar necks with new bodies to eventually building there own instruments and custom gear. the peanut guitars are a testament to that evolution of the company. jerry's gibson necked peanut was that inbetween period, a working model, that evloved into it's own line of custom instruments.

peace,
waldo
 #52918  by tigerstrat
 Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:38 pm
Why is that back cover plate so HUGE, I wonder? What could possibly be inside there- a truss rod access?