rukind.com

Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

Chat about Equipment Info
 #16466  by BlobWeird
 Fri May 18, 2007 2:23 pm
Anyone know if there are kits out there for pedal power jacks? Or just cheaper jacks out there somewhere? I need like 4 more jacks but they are like $20 from boss and i know they are cheaper out there somewhere. Makin one couldnt be that hard right? just need to know the exact voltage and resistance needed.

#16471  by tigerstrat
 Fri May 18, 2007 2:44 pm
You could always get one of those cable end adapters from Visual Sound. They have one that goes from a 9v coaxial plug at one end to a 9v battery clip on thje other end. So you just connect the 9v P/S right to the battery clip. They cost like $3. They also have Line 6, reverse-polarity, and mini-plug adapters.
 #16478  by shakedown_04092
 Fri May 18, 2007 5:15 pm
BlobWeird wrote:Anyone know if there are kits out there for pedal power jacks? Or just cheaper jacks out there somewhere? I need like 4 more jacks but they are like $20 from boss and i know they are cheaper out there somewhere. Makin one couldnt be that hard right? just need to know the exact voltage and resistance needed.
I have a Boss Chromatic Tuner (http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ ... sku=213012) that doubles as a power supply for up to 8 additional pedals. That may solve some of your problem. They make power supplies that will supply up to 8 pedals (I think, I don't own one, but have looked at them). Check any music store or online store.