Chat about Equipment Info
 #156385  by MattMan

playingdead wrote:Looking for a good guitar tech near Boca Raton, FL, someone good at wiring/grounding issues. Anyone?
Hi Vic,

If you can deal with one-day shipping, I recommend Leo from Scarlet Fire Guitars in Dallas. If you are on tour now and need help immediately, maybe we can help you do the work with a soldering iron. What's going on? Ground buzz? Did it just emerge? If so, sounds like a ground wire broke--should be quick fix. You'll need a continuity tester too.
 #156386  by playingdead

Thanks, Matt. I should have been clearer, asking for recommendations for a customer in Boca who is having issues with a Gibson he owns and not having any luck getting it fixed.

I had Gary Brawer himself completely rewire my Tiger about 8 years ago and he forgot to install a frigging string ground. Buzzed like you would not believe :shock: :D :shock:
 #156389  by playingdead

lovetoboogie wrote:Guitar Hospital in DelRay...
Excellent, that's right where I told him to go based on some folks at the Gear Page : )
 #156390  by lovetoboogie

playingdead wrote:
lovetoboogie wrote:Guitar Hospital in DelRay...
Excellent, that's right where I told him to go based on some folks at the Gear Page : )
The cats there can sometimes get busy. It's kind of a cooperative of the most talented amp and guitar techs. People come, people go...but the work is stellar!