Chat about Equipment Info
 #135282  by Jerry1996x

So since I'm doing more jazz lately, I decided I needed hollowbody, so here it is! It's a 2003 PRS Hollowbody II. This thing really is beautiful, from the 10 top to the ebony tuning pegs. At first I thought I wouldn't like the thicker neck (compared to my strat) but it actually has freed up my hands considerably, my fingers aren't getting in each others way as much, the Help On The Way riff is much easier now! With some overdrive, the sustain is incredible. One of the first things I did when I brought it home was turn it on and just let a note sustain for like 3 minutes :D . As far as Jerry tone goes, it's a ways off, but its perfect for Trey stuff. Basically it's a great guitar, and I'm pumped to get better acquainted.

Here's some pics, if any of you guys want to do your magic and get it to actually post the picture, have at it :roll:

Last edited by Jerry1996x on Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #135286  by PurpleTrails

Beautiful guitar. Nice and understated for a PRS.

Those PRS hollowbodies have been intriguing me for a couple of years now. Do you know if they make them in a 24 fret model as well?
 #135314  by Jerry1996x

Thanks guys! Ironically enough, the other PRS that I was looking at was bright turquoise :D It was just so flashy I couldn't see myself loving it in a year, but this natural finish is really beautiful, and the maple is outrageous, it looks even better in person. Another thing about it is it does not have the flame maple on the back. Before playing it I was a little bummed about it, but its actually extremely bright for a hollowbody, so any more maple might push it over the edge. This thing is also like, unbelievably light. It makes my strat feel like a Les Paul!

As far as the 24 frets goes, I'm fairly certain they don't make a 24 fret model, but that would be awesome if they did.
 #135317  by Jerry1996x

That's a good question, and I'm not entirely sure. There are 2 small screws on the back of the bridge that I think have something to do with it but I'm not too sure
 #135319  by Griffyote

Congratulations! I've been dreaming of one of those for a long time.They seem so expensive, until you play one, and then you know there is a difference :cool:
 #138972  by skajellafetty

gr8fullfred wrote:How does one adjust the intonation on that guitar?
fwiw... I just sold my 2000 PRS Singlecut Goldtop with that same bridge. I bought it new so had many yrs with it. The 2 screws should be all u need to adjust. The compensated bridge took care of itself as long as the 1st & 6th are good. I only actually needed to do it 4 times & I live in Washington state so even with my dry heat (wall heaters) in winter it was ok for several years at a time (I always stored it in it's case but no humidifier). :smile:
 #138974  by playingdead

Beautiful! Looks a lot like the top on my own Custom 24 (Santana yellow) ... great crosshatching on the flamed maple.

The hollowbody guitars are all 22 frets as production guitars, but could be built 24 frets as a Private Stock instrument -- that gets real expensive, though.

A good time to remind my fellow Deadheads that as a PRS dealer I will give terrific discounts on new guitars to rukinders. I get daily photo updates on guitars coming off the line and can order anything you want ... Private Stock, as well. In fact, I've had discussions with PRS about doing the Jerry wiring scheme, although have not tried that out yet.

That goes for the other guitars I carry as well -- high end acoustics, etc. I only stock lefties but can order righties.