Chat about Equipment Info
 #125460  by jalevinemd

I posted pics of my Resurrection Bolt, the "Big Bear", a couple of weeks ago. Here is my first custom Alembic which goes by the name, "Little Bear." I took these photos directly from the Alembic site because they do a better photography job than I ever could hope to. As far as build quality, it's hard to beat the folks at Alembic. Pricey but, to me, worth every penny. I've had one made to celebrate the birth of each of my three children. I'll post my son's next. We're just in the design stage of the third.

This guitar has a coco bolo top and back with a sandwich of alternating layers of maple and purpleheart. The core is mahogany. It's very light, weighing in at around 7 pounds. Very comfortable to play and extremely resonant. With the Alembic electronics on board, there's really no sound I can't get out of this instrument. From an amplified acoustic to a overdriven rock monster.

Here it is...

#125461  by tcsned

That's a sweet guitar, I've always liked that body shape. I think I've seen that guitar in their custom archive. Very nice!
 #125462  by rugger

Can I come play at your house?! :-)

Yummy.

john in san diego
 #125466  by jalevinemd

tcsned wrote:That's a sweet guitar, I've always liked that body shape. I think I've seen that guitar in their custom archive. Very nice!

Yeah...it was a Featured Custom in July 2005. I designed the body shape with Alembic. It's since become one of their standard production models - the Little Darling. :-)
 #125468  by jalevinemd

rugger wrote:Can I come play at your house?! :-)

Yummy.

john in san diego

If you ever find yourself in Chicago, just give me a holler. :cool: I've got a very understanding wife who doesn't mind my getting lots of nice musical toys. :-)