Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

Chat about Equipment Info
 #124927  by Jerry1996x
 Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:42 pm
How difficult would this be? Im looking to get one, and its seems like all the trems with expression pedal inputs are crazy expensive.
Thanks everybody!
 #124929  by gpilcher2001
 Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:01 pm
If you can match the pot on the pedal to a volume pedal you can then wire the pot contacts to a trs jack and match those up to the volume pedals pot/jack connections. Use a trs cable. If you can find the same value pot that will fit into the volume pedal then you can change out the the pot. A volume pedal is $100.00 bucks though...... Hope this helps. Greg...
 #124931  by Jerry1996x
 Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:20 pm
Thanks! I was just reading the thread about modding a Phaser for this, seems like its generally the same idea. One thing im a bit unclear on is how many new jacks you need to make. It seems like theat thread suggests you'll need 2 more, but i was under the impression that you would only need 1 TRS...