Chat about Equipment Info
 #119171  by TI4-1009

Well, he's not in the middle in the first shot, so I wouldn't write my Congressman just yet....
 #119175  by Dozin

I never been out to Red Rocks but what an intriguing place. It must be awesome out there. Can you camp on site? Looks like no one is there to f* with you.

I think it's odd that they would place JK in the middle. What was the set list that night?
 #119177  by Smolder

Dozin wrote:I never been out to Red Rocks but what an intriguing place. It must be awesome out there. Can you camp on site? Looks like no one is there to f* with you.
It's Colorado so it's fairly hands off, that is until you get in your car. The state is really tough on driving while intoxicated. If you're a local you know the right roads to be on and which to not be on.
 #119191  by TI4-1009

We stopped (made the obligatory pilgrimage) one time while driving through the Rockies. It's everything it's cracked up to be. Nothing was going on that day, you could walk all over the place- up on the stage, wherever. Excellent acoustics, beautiful scenery. Just a very special place.

I think it was built during the 30's as a WPA project??
 #119192  by Tennessee Jedi

TI4-1009 wrote:We stopped (made the obligatory pilgrimage) one time while driving through the Rockies. It's everything it's cracked up to be. Nothing was going on that day, you could walk all over the place- up on the stage, wherever. Excellent acoustics, beautiful scenery. Just a very special place.

I think it was built during the 30's as a WPA project??
Wish i had made the trip to see the Dead there when I had the chance ....
:D
 #119193  by Phil Lesh101

Im going to say John is staying in the middle, because he was in the middle at Seatlle and Edgefeild.
 #119228  by Counterstriker

It's probably an eye contact or volume thing, maybe bob was having trouble hearing himself infront of the drums or something like that. Phil switched so he could be louder and and see Russo better. could be the same reason. Or maybe phil and bob are arguing again haha :D
 #119230  by Phil Lesh101

Counterstriker wrote: Or maybe phil and bob are arguing again haha :D
That would be something! :smile:
 #119232  by phpbb

Dozin wrote:I never been out to Red Rocks but what an intriguing place. It must be awesome out there. Can you camp on site? Looks like no one is there to f* with you.

I think it's odd that they would place JK in the middle. What was the set list that night?
although it is a public park, you cannot camp on-site, but Chief Hossa is the campground closest to the site. Red Rocks is actually open during the day for visitors, with people running up and down the damn thing. I find no interest in that ;). they clear it out around 3 on the day of shows. Saturday was loaded with Denver Police in the parking lots, mostly busting vendors, and certainly leaving most everyone else partying alone. Getting in is the usual, you do need to have discretion, but once you are in, it's like a giant playground. You are up high, so, you get a nice view of denver and the plains. Saturday we saw fireworks off in the distance, some nights you get cool lightning storms, the moon rising is always cool, it's got an amazing breeze that feels sooooo good, and everyone is just plain happy to be there.

#119242  by Smolder

ccw3432 wrote:With the keys on the other side its all about mirror images. If you include the keys they are both in the middle. :shock:
aoxommoxoa
 #119245  by vwjodyme

I made it out there for the first time last fall, and it is truly an amazing place. during the 2nd set we made our way up to the top where you can look out over the stage to the plains for what seems like hundreds of miles. on that night we were able to see 4 or 5 separate thunderstorms off in the distance :hail:

we are hopefully going to make the trip again next year!