Chat about Equipment Info
 #119021  by Phil Lesh101

These are probably nothing real important but what on earth are the green boxes!

and on the other note whats your thoughts on JK center stage! I am a firm believer that Bob belongs in the middle.

#119025  by Phil Lesh101

Ok makes sense, thanks for clearing it up.
On the other note I don't like John K center stage...
 #119028  by mgbills

Ok. I wanna be on the Jerry side!

Nice gear. How were the shows?
PDX Thurs, Fri, Sat. Can't wait!
 #119031  by Smolder

I've seen at least a half dozen multi show dead events at red rocks... killer, maybe even the best venue ever for them. It wsa always an epic weekend. Very bummed that having just moved within ten miles of it, I wasn't able to be at these shows. Further put some great venue and crowd shops up on their facebook page. I downloaded the Saturday show (and may have to get the others)... really great selection and performance.
 #119044  by JonnyBoy

I like JK being in front. But, I really dont care either way. Red Rocks is such an awesome venue for music. When I went to University of Denver (about 20 years ago) we would go to Red Rocks on the weekends and play our acoustics and what not on the stage. Tourists would walk down amazed that they can hear it so clear so far away. Its so perfect for bands/music. I would imagine they could probably turn down some and have the same throw and probably hear their monitors really well too. Those ingreedients always help me play better.... :smile:
 #119073  by Maybeck09

I was there in '85 as well tcsned. All three days (2pm showtimes!) Remember that Saturday (9/7/85- one of the first Hey Jude coda's during Fantasy) just awesome! I went in '87 and caught a night too (right before Telluride Harmonic Convergence weekend). It is a wonderful place especially to see the Dead, because of the natural surroundings and cowboy scenes.
 #119078  by tcsned

Maybeck09 wrote:I was there in '85 as well tcsned. All three days (2pm showtimes!) Remember that Saturday (9/7/85- one of the first Hey Jude coda's during Fantasy) just awesome! I went in '87 and caught a night too (right before Telluride Harmonic Convergence weekend). It is a wonderful place especially to see the Dead, because of the natural surroundings and cowboy scenes.
Those were some magic shows - I stayed with a friend in Evergreen, I love that area.