Chat about Equipment Info
 #115179  by ncinotori

hey i have a pair of jbl d130's that were given to me.. The guy who gave them to me said they are from the wall of sound.. did anyone record the serials to said speakers or is there any other way I can validate this?

Thanks!!

-Nico
 #115181  by cripeowner

If anything the sn#s would be on invoices for the speakers, but I doubt you could get access to those records. Other then sentimental value the speakers are worth what they are worth regardless of who played through them.
 #115188  by erock

Are you in pittsburgh nico? if so I sent you an email on your craigslist posting.

However I am looking for 120s
 #115190  by TI4-1009

Here's what Owsley said about old WOS stuff:

On collecting the Dead’s old Wall of Sound amps and cabinets:
•I hate to pop your bubble, but...The cabinet you bought is basically a nostalgia piece, something to brag about owning not using. It is just antique rubbish. It is not suitable for guitar, and was used only in a specially assembled line radiator. Moreover, if it is really one of the ones used in the system it is probably worn out- worthless even for that purpose. We replaced cabinets frequently during the life of the array- but ceased doing that toward the end. Any left are likely not good."
 #115223  by ncinotori

hmm ok thanks all.. that being said.. anyone wanna buy a pair of super eclectic, probably worn out jbls reputedly from the WOS>!? =S
 #115225  by JonnyBoy

ncinotori wrote:hmm ok thanks all.. that being said.. anyone wanna buy a pair of super eclectic, probably worn out jbls reputedly from the WOS>!? =S

:lol: :lol: LMAO :lol: :lol:
 #115255  by Smolder

I'd be interested in a couple of D130's if they sound good and are original cone. PM me.

fwiw... back in the 80's I bought a Sony television from Frankie. It was apparently the a set that Frankie and Bobby bought and had in their place for a while in the early 70's. When it died... and I set it on the curb and briefly thought about it's nostalgic value and craigslist... but it didn't work... so I walked away.