Chat about Equipment Info
 #107208  by mgbills

Good Evening & Happy New Year to All!

Finally getting around to installing my GCX in my rack. I chose the old style Ground Control for two reasons: a) less garish, and b) easier to stomp buttons.

For those who have not attempted to program one of these gizmo's...let me say it's not for the timid. Most of my SH!^ is analog, so this is a step into the modern world.

My Question: I've got it working. Buttons are selecting pedals. Pedals are named in the display correctly. Currently, only one effect can be on at a time, and I'll be damned if I can find any reference in the manual (written in Ancient Babylonian) to making the switches on/off. As it is if I select my Qtron with Switch #1, the only way to turn it off is select any other stompy switch. I also cannot select two loops at once.

How can a fellow play the 5/8/77 version of Estimated if he can't select the Octave Divider & the Qtron at the same time.

I'm sure there is a tidbit I'm missing that will put me on track to finish the programming. Since I also own the GC Pro, I've read that manual too...to no avail.

Help me Brothers & Sisters! Voodoo Labs doesn't come back until Tuesday! My practice time is being consumed with pressing momentary switches!

Thanks to All. Please excuse the profanity. I assure you it's much louder here.

Peace
M
 #107213  by nabco

I am not absolutely sure on this as i am not looking at my rig, so maybe give it a try and hopefully it works.
The bottom row of switches goes 1 thru 4 then you have two more switches ; one w/ arrow down & one w/ arrow up.
When you select a preset number,lets say patch #3, press the arrow down switch a few times until it says GCX.
now you can select with the 8 stomp switches which effects that you want on that preset patch number.
when you want to save press the down switch a couple more times until it says "save to 03 Y or N"...... and I think 1 is No and 2 is Yes!!!
Hope it works ....... if not I will review my tutorial in the A.M. and try to help again.
Happy Holidays