Chat about Equipment Info
 #110315  by hard truckers co

Dead Gear Expo Update - 3/1/12

Things are moving forward really nicely for the 2nd annual DGE.
As soon as plans are finalized RUKind members will be the first to know.
Thanks for your support. Stay tuned.
 #112682  by gr8fullfred

Just a friendly inquiry about the 2012 gear expo. Is there a date and location set yet?

Please advise, would like to be able to make some summer travel plans,Fred
 #112684  by Pete B.

Nearest Hotel with a pool?... (I'll be travelling with the Wife and Kid).
 #112690  by hard truckers co

Hey everyone. A quick update on the 2012 dead gear expo. Unfortunately plans are on hold right now as the hard truckers and myself had a huge fire a few weeks ago. Everyone is ok but we lost a lot. Time constraints are tight. Sorry to dissapoint. Don't count it out just yet though. Thanks for your support. Peace. Glenn
 #112691  by jester536

Hey Glenn...hope it can still come together...was thinking about taking another long trip...I understand your situation...had a house fire about 15 years ago...the insurance guy kept telling me...don't worry in the end things will end up being better...at first I didn't want to hear it and didn't believe him...but in the end he was right. It's all going to get worked out. Hang tough.
 #112694  by Pete B.

Sorry to hear of the fire. Another friend who runs an amp repair service in Georgia out of his garage lost his place to fire recently (Fox Vintage Amp Repair). Total bummer.

Can you tell us where it was going to be?
'Just curious.
Last edited by Pete B. on Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #112710  by JonnyBoy

Sorry for your loss, a fire is a tough situation. I hope you guys get back to normal soon! :smile:
 #112731  by Jon S.

Extremely sorry to learn of the fire. As Theoden of Mark told his people, "Houses can be rebuilt. Crops can be resown." But people cannot. Thankfully it appears no one was killed or injured.

Myself, the window of opportunity for me to attend this year has passed. My family situation is such that we must wrap up our vacation plans earlier than now and we have. Perhaps next summer if the event can be announced earlier next time.
 #113317  by gr8fullfred

I thought that we were going to have the 2nd annual gear expo later on in the summer. I realize that HT had a fire, but has that cancelled this years expo? I sure hope not. Any update available on the gear expo, or should I just forgettaboutit this year? Don't forget Thomas was going to try and get Doug to attend, so that is a pretty important thing. An update please, even if its to say it ain't going to happen this year. Fred
 #113787  by hard truckers co

Hey now everybody. Thanks so much for all the kind words and support. It really does touch us and it means an awful lot. Thank you. A quick update on the goings on in our world. The hard truckers are up and running again and making the best cabs available once again. It's been tough slogging but a labor of love. The dead gear expo however is still on hold. Our original plans were to hold it in August in SF, that will not happen this year. Just too much planning goes into the event and not enough time to make that happen. We are still holding out some hope that an east coast expo could possibly happen sometime this fall. As always Rukind will be the first to know. Thanks for your support. It breaks our heart SF but hopefully next year.

Peace and love
Glenn
 #113788  by strumminsix

Glad to hear there is forward progress. Don't forget about Chicago or the midwest for that matter! Ohio? Maybe a GDGE & RRHOF?
 #113798  by gr8fullfred

Hey now! What about having the Dead Gear Expo in Portland around the time of the FURTHUR shows September 21st ish. I think we could swing that, any one else up for it?