#348  by ebick

oh........no reason.........except

1) They were postings tons of completely irrelavent messages
2) Their goal appeared to be not contributing to the community, but only to become the top posters
3) There were several cryptic/suspect messages that either belonged in personal e-mail/IM, or lead us to believe that they were up to no good with regard to our site.
4) We attmpted to contact them via the e-mail address that they provided to ask them what was going on and said e-mail addresses proved to be invalid.

So I guess you're right.......we're assholes.
 #349  by phpbb

dude - the name of the site is rukind, ru? As ed has stated, I've sent emails and private messages to them without a response. I've asked them if they wanted a forum to post these communications, and got no reply. Instead, they continued to fill these forums with information completely unrelated to the topic. If you notice, not all of their comments have been removed, just ones with no purpose.

This is not a competition to see who can fill up our forums with Junk, it is a place to expand our knowledge of Grateful Dead music. Ed and I have been monitoring this for some time, and after some serious concerns and no responses from them (even after asking if they wanted their own forum) - we could only determine thier actions were negligent. If you look at the posts from other members, they agree.

If you really want me to be an ass, I can. Otherwise, you can have them send me an email an explain thier intentions, and simply answer this question: WOULD YOU LIKE ME TO CREATE A FORUM FOR YOUR CONVERSATION? :roll:
 #2771  by settledowneasy91

Definatley a dead subject but just out of curiosity, is this where the "the think tank" come from? it would make sense if it did and if not i guess its still a funny coincidence
ps-i was just a tad disappointed when i found "the tank" didnt exist. well, couldve been interesting to say the least

#2772  by ebick

wow, settledowneasy, haven't seen this topic in quite some time......but yes, through a strange series of events, this thread resulted in the "birth" of the Think Tank.

I'm not sure, but I believe that they never once posted "The Tank".
 #2781  by settledowneasy91

ah thats too bad, such a waste after all that fuss was made over "the tank"