rukind.com

Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

#89253  by Emoto
 Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:14 pm
Ok, so the conventional wisdom seems to be that right at the very beginning of the song, Jerry plays an F chord and an Fmaj7 for the accent chord.

What form are you guys using for the accent chord?

For the F, I like the first position, like a slid up open E. But, for the accent chord, no form of Fmaj7 that I have found really sounds right. To my ear, it seems like if I simply lift off my index finger, which happens to be barring the high E and B strings so that the B and high E ring open, it works.

Thoughts?
 #89258  by waldo041
 Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:42 pm
Emoto wrote:What form are you guys using for the accent chord?

For the F, I like the first position, like a slid up open E. But, for the accent chord, no form of Fmaj7 that I have found really sounds right. To my ear, it seems like if I simply lift off my index finger, which happens to be barring the high E and B strings so that the B and high E ring open, it works.

Thoughts?

what your doing is exactly what jerry did.

peace,
waldo
 #89261  by Emoto
 Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:47 pm
waldo041 wrote:
Emoto wrote:What form are you guys using for the accent chord?

Thoughts?

what your doing is exactly what jerry did.

peace,
waldo
GTFO!!! :lol: