#19538  by Shaggy

That this song is just like Travelin' Band by CCR. Travelin Band' was released in 1970.

Have a listen.

#19546  by Hajimemashite!!!

Whoa, never realized that but your right.

one more is way better IMO, for some reason I never cared too much for travelin band.

#19598  by Shaggy

Parts are too similar to be a coincidence in my opinion.

Weir was probably influenced by it, even if he just liked it. It has shown. But who doesn't love CCR and John Fogerty!

#19616  by Trystine

Yeah, I noticed this a while back. Sometimes when I'm in the car and no one else is around I belt out One More Saturday Night in my best Fogerty voice.

#19619  by bodiddley

Wow, never realized that before. Personally, I don't care for either tune that much. It's one of my least favorite Bob tunes. "Money, Money" being the worst.

#19620  by confusions_prince

Younger Cop: And was there anything of value in the car?
The Dude: Oh, uh, yeah, uh... a tape deck, some Creedence tapes, and there was a, uh... uh, my briefcase.
Younger Cop: [expectant pause] In the briefcase?
The Dude: Uh, uh, papers, um, just papers, uh, you know, uh, my papers, business papers.
Younger Cop: And what do you do, sir?
The Dude: I'm unemployed.

#19623  by jackr

Trystine wrote:Sometimes when I'm in the car and no one else is around I belt out One More Saturday Night in my best Fogerty voice.
Now that is funny! :lol:

#19625  by Shaggy

confusions_prince wrote:Younger Cop: And was there anything of value in the car?
The Dude: Oh, uh, yeah, uh... a tape deck, some Creedence tapes, and there was a, uh... uh, my briefcase.
The Dude: Uh, uh, papers, um, just papers, uh, you know, uh, my papers, business papers.
Great scene, great film, great band.

#19650  by hesgone95

confusions_prince wrote:Younger Cop: And was there anything of value in the car?
One of the greatest movies ever. Always a good excuse to smoke....And the look on the older cop's face as he's finding the Dude's roaches and paraphanalia in the ashtray is classic...or when he's driving and listening to CCR and the roach falls in his lap...his little scream is priceless...

I never really noticed the similarities in the to songs. But it's true huh? Strange.

#19667  by bodiddley

The Dude abides.

#38474  by LazyLightnin

Do you see what happens Larry?...... :x

#38477  by frankielee

bodiddley wrote:Wow, never realized that before. Personally, I don't care for either tune that much. It's one of my least favorite Bob tunes. "Money, Money" being the worst.
...Couldn't agree more

#38485  by krzykat

YOUR OUT OF YOUR ELEMENT DONNY!

:cool: :cool: :cool:

there are some similarities but i don't make anything out of it