#114764  by tigerstrat

jeffm725 wrote:
Billbbill wrote:Here's what I play in the descending line - keeping E in the bass. (flat/finger picking)
Code: Select all
e--4---3---2---0--------------
B--3---2---1---0-------------
G--4---3---2---1--------------
D--2---2---2---2--------------

EGGsactly how I play it....
me too... where eggsactly is this E flat I keep hearing about?
 #114769  by JonnyBoy

mttourpro wrote:

Glad to help out Jedi! We just played the entire WRS last month....so, kinda been focused a bit more on the LIG too. What an unbelieveable piece of music...arguably Bob's best compositional effort. :hail:
I feel the same way, and it is in close running with Lost Sailor and Supplication. The nuances and dynamics are awesome, naming chords and theory in that tune you can leave me out of. Let it Grow has the BEST jam where the guitar can really sail IMO.
 #119956  by ronster

Probably not how Jerry did it, but when just fingerpicking an acoustic by myself this sounds better to me, so I do it this way:
Code: Select all
|-----------0------|----------0-------|---------0------|-----------0--|
|--3-----------3---|--2----------2----|--1--------1----|------0-2-----|
|-----4----------4-|-----3---------3--|-----2-------2--|-0/1----------|
|--------2---------|--------2---------|--------2-------|--------------|
|------------------|------------------|----------------|--------------|
|--0---------------|--0---------------|--0-------------|-0------------|

If I ever took a music class I could tell you the word of how it feels but I didn't, just like it.
 #119957  by ronster

Glad to help out Jedi! We just played the entire WRS last month....so, kinda been focused a bit more on the LIG too. What an unbelieveable piece of music...arguably Bob's best compositional effort.
Why would you ever have to argue it? Kinda of like saying water is a liquid. Just is
 #119959  by ronster

Last one on this tune and a fun tune it is.
So I always had the line like this
"Went back home with two black guys, You know I'll love her till the day I die"

Either way I just love singing the roun and roun part.