Got to play my rig outside at a fest finally!

Chat about Equipment Info

Got to play my rig outside at a fest finally!

Postby tapestry » Tue May 17, 2011 5:18 am

I was able to turn it up a bit and really let it sing....sounded great and was a total blast! I cant wait till next sunday so I can do it again!

tapestry
Bobby
Bobby

Re: Got to play my rig outside at a fest finally!

Postby jdsmodulus » Tue May 17, 2011 6:51 am

Nice Rig for sure!
jdsmodulus

Postby mkaufman » Tue May 17, 2011 7:18 am

Hope you had help moving it!

mk
THE best way to score gear: http://www.auctionstud.com

For discounts on extended Dell warranties: http://advantech-ny.com/mik/advantech/DellComputerWarranty
mkaufman

Postby JonnyBoy » Tue May 17, 2011 7:19 am

Sweet! I know it sounds great outside opened up. We played outdoors May 5th and I barely had to mic my cab, I just got loud. It is amazing the power these 100watt mac + SMS rigs have. I wish I could have been there... I see the comp in there, what have you been trying with that? I have been messing with mine lately, trying to find some more positive uses for it. I like a slight compression when mixing the Qtron with the Octave stuff...You gotta be careful though. Also, you can get some good NON Jerry Qtron stuff going on with some compression too. I use it most in my OD for slow raunchy blues sustain If I am feeling like it. I guess the point is I could live without it if I had to.... Sweet rig though, also you ditched the metal on the front of the effects!
http://otislotus.net/ Finally finished our new site...
JonnyBoy

Postby tapestry » Tue May 17, 2011 11:49 am

Mike, I always will take a hand when offered, but I can take care of moving it all by myself! I dont mind because it is so worth the heft to play through something like this!

Jonny, just to clarify, no sms in my rig yet: Guitar > 67 BF twin modded > Mcintosh 2100 1 side > Jbl e-120 x2

I have decided to keep the twin instead of getting the sms because it has its own "character" that I really like and would miss.

The comp was there to try again as I used to like using it for added sustain, but I took it out. Now that I have the Mcintosh, I do not need the comp at all! When the OD is on and my tone is rolled all the way back on my guit >>>>>> WOW the magic happens. Ill try to get a good audio of it sometime. its amazing. Im going to try to record the next fest we play at next Sunday and see what I can get. I wish there was an easy way to get a SB recording into the flip cam.

Got a tip from Tracey and ordered the moogerfooger rack mount for their pedals and got rid of the metal grate!
tapestry
Bobby
Bobby

Postby tcsned » Tue May 17, 2011 11:55 am

tapestry wrote:I wish there was an easy way to get a SB recording into the flip cam.

If you're a PC user you can use Windows Movie Maker or iMovie if you're a Mac user. It takes a little bit of work to sync audio to video but you can combine the tracks or replace the original.

Sweet rig! I'd love to hear how it sounds.
tcsned

Postby strumminsix » Tue May 17, 2011 12:23 pm

congrats!!! there is something magical when music isn't constrained by walls
strumminsix

Return to Grateful Dead Equipment Discussion