SMS CTP Stereo/dual mono routing options

SMS CTP Stereo/dual mono routing options

Postby jeager » Tue May 03, 2011 1:55 pm

I would like to use both channels of my stereo power amp independently. The SMS has a single out, are other SMS users doing this?

What would be the best way to split the signal from the SMS and run both channels of my Mesa 50/50 or MC 250?

I have tried following the SMS with a TC rack effects unit that does mono to stereo but the TC unit does not seem to interface well with the CTP.
"One man gathers what another man spills..."
jeager
Terrapin
Terrapin

Re: SMS CTP Stereo/dual mono routing options

Postby JonnyBoy » Tue May 03, 2011 2:10 pm

jeager wrote:I would like to use both channels of my stereo power amp independently. The SMS has a single out, are other SMS users doing this?

What would be the best way to split the signal from the SMS and run both channels of my Mesa 50/50 or MC 250?

I have tried following the SMS with a TC rack effects unit that does mono to stereo but the TC unit does not seem to interface well with the CTP.

I would think that route( stereo pedal or stereo effects) and Also try using a single mono 1/4" in--> to dual mono out adapter they have at Radio Shack. It worked well with my MC250....
http://otislotus.net/ Finally finished our new site...
JonnyBoy

Postby jeager » Tue May 03, 2011 2:35 pm

Thanks,

I was not sure about the Y cable to split the signal, i will try it though. When follow the CTP with my rack effects thingy though I get bad results, even if I lower the output with the pad knob significantly.
"One man gathers what another man spills..."
jeager
Terrapin
Terrapin

Postby paulkogut » Tue May 03, 2011 2:37 pm

I've been using a 1/4" y-cord into both channels of my Walter Woods with no problems. Brad wired one up for me out of George L's, I'm sure any good tech guy or do it yourselfer could do the same. I also keep some radio shack y-adapters around as a spare.
paulkogut
Donna
Donna

Postby mijknahs » Tue May 03, 2011 4:21 pm

Yep. Just a Y adapter (or a DIY splitter box) is all you need. They make them with mono 1/4" input to dual RCA (for your MC250).
mijknahs

Postby SarnoMusicSolutions » Tue May 03, 2011 6:35 pm

Yup.

A Y-cable will do it.

Brad
... and it's just like any other day that's ever been...
SarnoMusicSolutions

Return to Jerry Tone