Is this dude a member?

Re: Is this dude a member?

Postby RiverRat » Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:05 am

My comment was supposed to be saved as a draft and edited.... I posted it instead. :oops:

Comment was edited to make it less inflammatory. Rather than retracting it, I'll amend it with this.

Some of the mods were not correct based on the information available today. But for someone that was aiming for a goal without actually seeing it fully, you came a lot closer than most people would have. It's already been established that you've been doing these mods long before the info was available and that some of the mods may not be exactly what was in Jerry's Twins and since no one has seen one in recent years, it's not certain what was done to them.

I'm curious to know what the thought process was behind the mods and what your goals were with them.

Sorry Joe if my comment offended, that was not my goal since that was NOT meant for public viewing until I had edited it. It wasn't intended to be a scathing indictment of you and your work.
RiverRat

Postby TI4-1009 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:45 am

Welcome Joe! At least I was impressed!

"Don't let the bastards get you down." - Kris K. to Sinead O. @ MSG
"Do not write so that you can be understood, write so that you cannot be misunderstood." -Epictetus

First show: 8/16/69 (Woodstock)
Last show: 3/19/95 (Unbroken Chain breakout)
Member of the Four-Decade Club
Charter Member, President & CEO of OAD (Order of the Ancient Deadheads)
TI4-1009

Postby oldsmojo » Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:01 pm

Hey Vic ..Hey all, No I honestly dont care who slams what on here I know its all in good fun (I hope) I'm not gonna judge or get pissy with anyone here. I just didnt like that other page where Rat has remodded that amp and puts it out there for all to see. This is why i ask whoever I mod an amp for NOT to send it to another tech who can easily go and trash my work for self serving purposes. But hey, I am also chuckling at this as well. This is common occurrence with amp mods especially nowadays with forums like this! Hey , I would have loved to be the one who refreshed that amp for ya Mike and It just pains me deep inside (no actually it doesn't) to see this. I'd love to hear it soon and want to come to the area soon and maybe see Vic and Mike's bands in one swing! Heres a clip I made the other day. I was playing along with '77 sndbrd @ The Palladium and wow its so damn close its scary! If it had that big transformer sound to go with it, THAT would be the shiznit!
oldsmojo
Donna
Donna

Postby oldsmojo » Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:02 pm

oldsmojo
Donna
Donna

Postby mkaufman » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:03 pm

Joe - nice stuff! What guitar are you playing?

mk
THE best way to score gear: http://www.auctionstud.com

For discounts on extended Dell warranties: http://advantech-ny.com/mik/advantech/DellComputerWarranty
mkaufman

Postby strumminsix » Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:04 am

oldsmojo wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L36nYsDLHmM

Yo! Sounds really good! Welcome, dude!
strumminsix

Postby Billbbill » Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:34 pm

Hey Joe - Welcome aboard - sounds good!
:smile:
Billbbill

Postby Stone » Sun May 01, 2011 8:05 am

That sounds real good to my ears anyways. Id be interested to hear about the guitar/pedals used also. :smile:
Stone
Ice Cream!
Ice Cream!

Postby oldsmojo » Sun May 01, 2011 8:48 pm

Thanks guys for the welcomes and all. Vic love listening to the clips and that cool 90's ton eyou always got...love the new OD too and how your playing and the whole band is developing! So cool to watch it all get better and better. I know that all of us in here are and I hop eto see more of your bands sometime soon. That guitar I have been using is a Cort m520 with super 2..not as clean and spanky as my Ibanez musician but I kinda prefer it and especially the fatter neck that i refretted w /6105's. More clips from all of you out there please! Bill cool to see your channel man very nice and its all filmed right in good ole P.C.! Let me know if you evetr want to try one of my amps for a gig test run..I'd love to hear it with SBB. Mike Kaufman ..I have that Randall ready to go for ya w/ a k120 in it so if you wanna pick it up just holla ~ later
oldsmojo
Donna
Donna

Previous

Return to Jerry Tone