Is this dude a member?

Is this dude a member?

Postby Capt Rosebuddy » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:37 pm

Woah!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWjIql0yC8U&NR=1

haven't seen this one before. IMO, THE whole enchilada. nice picking too.
That's the sparkle/crackle I've been missing in my rig.

apologies if this has already been posted, I found it and thought I'd share.
Capt Rosebuddy
Phil
Phil

Re: Is this dude a member?

Postby waldo041 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:26 am

don't know if joe martin is a member here, but he is over at gearheads.

peace,
waldo
"Tone is in the instruments. Technique in the hands. Do what you will." ~ quote from some guy at the TGP forum
waldo041

Postby Capt Rosebuddy » Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:31 am

waldo041 wrote:don't know if joe martin is a member here, but he is over at gearheads.

That's Joe hua? He modded my Twin, well before I got it but still that's still pretty cool. And that tone is just massive.
Thanks.
Capt Rosebuddy
Phil
Phil

Postby paulinnc » Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:32 am

The link isn't working.
paulinnc

Postby Jon S. » Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:36 am

Link's workin' for me.
"For me, I think the only danger is being too much in love with guitar playing. The music is the most important thing, and the guitar is only the instrument." Jerry Garcia
Jon S.

Postby TI4-1009 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:29 am

Neat! So he has two open Twins there, right? The one on the speaker cab is the only one hes running through?
"Do not write so that you can be understood, write so that you cannot be misunderstood." -Epictetus

First show: 8/16/69 (Woodstock)
Last show: 3/19/95 (Unbroken Chain breakout)
Member of the Four-Decade Club
Charter Member, President & CEO of OAD (Order of the Ancient Deadheads)
TI4-1009

Postby playingdead » Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:35 am

Man, there is so much distortion from that camera microphone I can't hear a thing about the tone ...
playingdead

Postby hogan » Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:23 am

playingdead wrote:Man, there is so much distortion from that camera microphone I can't hear a thing about the tone ...

Yep, sounds like shit and is completely undemonstrative good tone.
Honest to the point of recklessness.
PM me for a cab
http://www.facebook.com/workingmansdead
Happy customers (~);-} :
paulinnc, spaceyrface43, AKdead, chuckles, ebelgee, Quebee, Kennay, bomall01, NashvilleMike, Strumminsix,jx2638,Chutley, Adam Deckard, jkstraw, TennesseeJedi, deadhead1988, spacefunkologist, rmackenzie
hogan

Postby unnbrokenchain » Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:59 am

Youtube audio clipping is all the new rage :lol:
unnbrokenchain
Mickey
Mickey

Postby JonnyBoy » Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:37 pm

I think anyone will be pleasantly surprised playing a twin type preamp> macintosh-> JBL 2x12. Then knowing a few licks... It is surely heaven for Jerry tone.
http://otislotus.net/ Finally finished our new site...
JonnyBoy

Postby keirweir » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:42 am

playingdead wrote:Man, there is so much distortion from that camera microphone I can't hear a thing about the tone ...

Totally

I've spoken to Joe a few times, he's a real cool guy and I think he's just south of Ma in coastal CT
keirweir

Postby RiverRat » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:35 pm

Check this thread out again... before isn't quite close to the correct mods but a lot of the mods are right on the money. Quite impressive since Joe was doing this without all the info available today.
Last edited by RiverRat on Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
RiverRat

Postby oldsmojo » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:44 pm

Sheesh... thanks for posting that clip and all the nice comments...as for the shitty comments ..some people never change I guess. Yeah the camera mic distorted out but even so you can still imagine what its like without that breakup. It just gives you a basic idea of the power and punch you get with 300 watts. As for Mike and Vic's twins I would have gladly updated those amps at any time providing you followed through with either sending them back or just letting me know exactly what you didnt like about them and i'd gladly head up for a retweak session. Now I gotta hear about some rat bastard (hehe) badmouthing work I did 3-4 years ago back when nobody here really knew what was going on in Jerry's amps for sure. (Btw ,we still dont) You really don't need the 300 watts as most of you all know. A great Jerry tone can be done with 25 watts..or as you can hear in a clip I made last night ( w/a '62 super @ 40 watts) The extra solid state power jerry had just allowed his tone to punch that clean low end way out there at any volume he needed. Solid state is also a very predictable and evenly sounding power section. The breakup that Jerry acquired that is so elusive can be done in several ways...try it on the front end with boost pedal of your choice. I hope you all are doing well and happily enjoying your rigs ..if not, theres obviously a qualified amp/guitar tech near you that can help get you where you want! And yes, this dude is a member :)
oldsmojo
Donna
Donna

Postby PaulJay » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:50 pm

Hey Joe, I thought your vid was great and I also saw your Deluxe Reverb Video and PMed you about it and appreciate your reply with the mods you did . Welcome . ,Paul
PaulJay
Steal Your Face
Steal Your Face

Postby playingdead » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:54 pm

What's up, Joe? I never had any issues with the Twin you built for me back in 05, I just went a different direction for versatility with the modular preamp and then finally the digital rig.

My comment about the camera was just that you can't tell what's preamp overdrive because the camera's distorting, not a slam. Post up some good quality audio and let's hear where you're at with it these days.
playingdead

Next

Return to Jerry Tone