Postby jdsmodulus » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:19 am

WOOT!!!!
jdsmodulus

Re: Am I Seeing Double

Postby mkaufman » Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:11 pm

What's next - black T' shirts?

mk
THE best way to score gear: http://www.auctionstud.com

For discounts on extended Dell warranties: http://advantech-ny.com/mik/advantech/DellComputerWarranty
mkaufman

Postby NWPines » Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:38 pm

mkaufman wrote:What's next - black T' shirts?
mk

Bwahaha.....
Hey Now! The black T-shirt is a crucial component of the tone, and is a must have if you're trying to cop Jerry down to every detail!!

Well, since this thread has veered off topic already, I'll add that I just got one of these straps a few weeks ago, and I'm really happy with it:

http://comfortstrapp.com/products.htm
NWPines
Brent
Brent

Postby Dozin » Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:51 pm

hard truckers co wrote:The hard truckers have thought about making them but it's on the back burner. We went so far as talking with people inside the organization to help with the production, but never really moved all that far with it afterwards.

All the straps you see in pictures however are not wand straps, they are something else. They could be earlier versions or someone copied them after wand stopped production. Parish gave me a strap from his old roadcase that was never used and still in a clear plastic packaging that was obviously original and made for being displayed in stores. My strap was never used, it looks and is constructed exactly like the original wand straps but it doesn't say wand. Really well made. Quite honestly thinking about it, it looks like the ones dozin made a few years back. The black ones not the blue ones (the blue ones had a thinner neo pad). Parish had a bunch of them in his old roadcase as we went thru it. I had to do some retro fitting to mine as it's way to long for me and Im 5'9. I had removed a small section next to a buckle and had a taylor sew the pieces back together, a matter of fact I had to do the same thing with the one I got from dozen way back when too.

I bet if someone gets some good looks at the straps there is no wand labeling on the black leather that is attached to the neo padding. Maybe we can look into the project again, I'll ask big steve.

Hope this helped
Glenn

I think the straps that are not marked with Wand on them are still made by the same people. Everything is the same about them. The guy that I had replicate the straps did a hack job in my opinion. Totally capitalized on it too. They were selling at Guitar Center!
"If you get confused,...
Listen to the music play"
Dozin

Postby dleonard » Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:55 pm

straps, guys?
dleonard
Bear
Bear

Postby hard truckers co » Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:03 pm

Chris' straps were right on to say the least. I actually use his more than the wand strap.
hard truckers co
Brent
Brent

Postby waldo041 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:27 pm

NWPines wrote:Well, since this thread has veered off topic already, I'll add that I just got one of these straps a few weeks ago, and I'm really happy with it:

http://comfortstrapp.com/products.htm

i LOVE my comfort strapp. been using it for a few years now, and have mentioned them here before. but i recently found out bobby has used them as well!

peace,
waldo
"Tone is in the instruments. Technique in the hands. Do what you will." ~ quote from some guy at the TGP forum
waldo041

Postby Rusty the Scoob » Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:51 pm

A fanny pack? Really, Bobby?
Rusty the Scoob

Postby wolftigerrosebud » Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:35 pm

I've got a couple Comfort Strapps. I hate the two "P's" in the "Strapp", but I have no complaints other than that. Awesome straps, more comfortable than high quality leather even IMO.
wolftigerrosebud
Rosemary
Rosemary

Postby JonnyBoy » Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:41 pm

Rusty you have to remember during this time fanny packs in Cali were cool amongst the hippy's especially done in that woven string Guatemalen style hippy patterns. I remember them being hip for a while there. They are great for not loosing crap actually. Too bad they are considered dorky now. The problem was, the 5-0 knew where your stash was, or anything valuable too.
http://otislotus.net/ Finally finished our new site...
JonnyBoy

Previous

Return to Bobby Tone