Am I Seeing Double

Am I Seeing Double

Postby mkaufman » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:45 pm

THE best way to score gear: http://www.auctionstud.com

For discounts on extended Dell warranties: http://advantech-ny.com/mik/advantech/DellComputerWarranty
mkaufman

Re: Am I Seeing Double

Postby Dozin » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:21 pm

What the hell!
"If you get confused,...
Listen to the music play"
Dozin

Postby JonnyBoy » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:44 pm

That is the true definition of a back up guitar.
http://otislotus.net/ Finally finished our new site...
JonnyBoy

Postby rkubik » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:22 am

Wow even how the strap is arranged. Down to the last detail. Kind of creepy :twisted:
rkubik
Blues for Allah
Blues for Allah

Postby strumminsix » Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:18 am

JonnyBoy wrote:That is the true definition of a back up guitar.

+1 :lol:
strumminsix

Postby tcsned » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:10 am

rkubik wrote:Wow even how the strap is arranged. Down to the last detail. Kind of creepy :twisted:

OCD? :lol:
tcsned

Postby bdhact1 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:29 am

Last night at the show in Boca Raton he only had the one ES335 out, which he used for the first 4 songs before he switched to what looked like a Strat. He played his pink Modulus for the entire second half.
bdhact1
Terrapin
Terrapin

Postby jdsmodulus » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:50 am

I would sure like to know how many Wand straps he has laying around?
jdsmodulus

Postby JonnyBoy » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:37 am

Yes, good question, he sure always has one for every guitar he plays. Maybe off topic a bit, but I am surprised none of the "capitalist" thinking heads hasn't brought back the wand strap in all of its exact glory, especially how much they go for on ebay and how many people bid on them. Glen, Brad or one of the guitar builders should get a clone of those made up too, is my point. I would like one at a reasonable price. We can get just about anything else GD, except for that... I am sure there is a Chinese factory happy to make them. I am glad to have the options that have come about these days too from the guys above.

The real question, is there still a storage room full of those straps after Wand went under? and is it at Bobby's house :lol:
JonnyBoy

Postby hard truckers co » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:30 pm

The hard truckers have thought about making them but it's on the back burner. We went so far as talking with people inside the organization to help with the production, but never really moved all that far with it afterwards.

All the straps you see in pictures however are not wand straps, they are something else. They could be earlier versions or someone copied them after wand stopped production. Parish gave me a strap from his old roadcase that was never used and still in a clear plastic packaging that was obviously original and made for being displayed in stores. My strap was never used, it looks and is constructed exactly like the original wand straps but it doesn't say wand. Really well made. Quite honestly thinking about it, it looks like the ones dozin made a few years back. The black ones not the blue ones (the blue ones had a thinner neo pad). Parish had a bunch of them in his old roadcase as we went thru it. I had to do some retro fitting to mine as it's way to long for me and Im 5'9. I had removed a small section next to a buckle and had a taylor sew the pieces back together, a matter of fact I had to do the same thing with the one I got from dozen way back when too.

I bet if someone gets some good looks at the straps there is no wand labeling on the black leather that is attached to the neo padding. Maybe we can look into the project again, I'll ask big steve.

Hope this helped
Glenn
hard truckers co
Brent
Brent

Postby jdsmodulus » Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:47 pm

I would buy at least 5! I don't care how much they cost!
jdsmodulus

Postby hard truckers co » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:25 pm

They are really really comfy straps, atleast I think so. Anyone not like the way neoprene straps hang? Just curious. Not to change the topic here. G
hard truckers co
Brent
Brent

Postby JonnyBoy » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:20 pm

I was wondering if anyone thought of this angle, and I guess I was right... I would buy two or 3 for my guitars, but I would care how much they are... :lol: It would be cool to get these done just like the old wands, and you can add in a way to shorten them up some or offer different sizes. I guess it is not all that off topic since the straps are in the picture... The Wands have to be the reason Jerry played tiger for hours straight, at 14lbs that's a heavy axe. See if the old wand guys could lend the name too, that would be the icing on the cake.
JonnyBoy

Postby hard truckers co » Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:57 am

There are buckles to shorten them. They just didn't get short enough very long straps. You would need two lengths.
G
hard truckers co
Brent
Brent

Postby hard truckers co » Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:43 am

Big steve has given the go ahead to reserect this project. So we are looking into it once again. Stay tuned....
hard truckers co
Brent
Brent

Next

Return to Bobby Tone