Boss Super Octave OC-3

Boss Super Octave OC-3

Postby keirweir » Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:38 am

So I am fairly broke in terms of gear fundage... So, luckily I have this company incentive program that gives me access to buy stuff really cheap (sales tax) but I am limited.

I took a look around the board but couldn't find any threads regarding this pedal. I have an OC-2 that is about 7 years old now and it beat up. It comes in and out at gigs, sometimes sounds good other times is not noticeable.
Does anyone have the OC-3?

I found this video but he's not exactly playing Stranger

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51B8bAXGY4s
keirweir

Re: Boss Super Octave OC-3

Postby Pete B. » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:50 am

I happen to like the OC-3.
I'm a fan of the Poly mode.
Get one from GC an return within 30 days if you don't like it.
What I really need is a progammable Octave pedal with like 6 easy-to-call-up presets.
Pete B.

Postby Capt Rosebuddy » Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:14 pm

Pete B. wrote:What I really need is a progammable Octave pedal with like 6 easy-to-call-up presets.

Check out the EH POG/Micro POG

my understanding is that it will save presets. I had one of the origionals and it was pretty impressive, I was using in on my own rig (not the Garcia one) and LOVED it.

My OC 2 is starting to go tits up on a pretty regular baisis, ie dosent smoothly track much anymore. I've been eyeing some of the Mutron octive units on Ebay but they are still waaaay too pricey IMHO, and I can't quite justify the cost. I'd be curious to find out how the OC 3 works out.
Capt Rosebuddy
Phil
Phil

Postby Stone » Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:49 pm

I just picked up a newer OC-2 on ebay. Haven't had a chance to try it out with the q-tron yet. Eventide makes a programmable octave pedal that ive had my eye on also.

Stone
Ice Cream!
Ice Cream!

Return to Jerry Tone