Sarno Music Solutions!

Re: Sarno Music Solutions!

Postby Chuckles » Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:05 pm

I used the SMS for acoustic last summer and it was absolutely breathtakingly beautiful. Best my Tak has ever sounded: Tak > SMS > MosValve > E120. SO much better than running through the board!

Will post my rack in a couple of days...

Love this little 4lb wonderbox!
Seems like I've been here before...

The Road's Facebook Page (including links to tunage) is here:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Road/ ... 200?ref=nf
Chuckles

Postby SarnoMusicSolutions » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:48 am

Way cool Chuckles. I'm glad that worked. I may have to revisit that approach and see what I can coax out of that EQ.

B
... and it's just like any other day that's ever been...
SarnoMusicSolutions

Postby strumminsix » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:11 am

First gig with the SMS and it rocked!!!

Chuckles wrote:I used the SMS for acoustic last summer and it was absolutely breathtakingly beautiful. Best my Tak has ever sounded: Tak > SMS > MosValve > E120. SO much better than running through the board!

Will post my rack in a couple of days...

Love this little 4lb wonderbox!

Very cool , dude!! I've got a very similar setup now (Weber Neos) and will have to attempt it. How did the guitar handle the volume?
strumminsix

Postby tcsned » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:12 am

hmm . . . interesting - I never thought of trying the acoustic through it. I've got a super sweet Schertler acoustic amp but to not have to bring another amp to a gig would be cool w/me.
tcsned

Postby JonnyBoy » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:15 pm

"It shipped... It's on the way" are my favorite six words........ Thanks Brad!

am gonna use the SMS as an acoustic rig one night going into some QSC's... the reason is that I used my twin into a QSC at an outdoor show due to a gear malfunction and it reminded me of an acoustic power amp. I can go further to make the sound shape further with an EQ, digital preamp simulation, and effects. I think that may do the trick working through those pieces of gear.

Then I will take it to lunch and buy her some stickers get her looking pretty. Then she will be in the rack mostly for electric guitar tone. I cant wait to have this, then my twin put back together, then figure out how to case my mac. Its all coming together for the summer. I am very excited. :cool:
http://otislotus.net/ Finally finished our new site...
JonnyBoy

Postby jkstraw » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:21 pm

Congrats JonnyBoy! That sounds like a great way to highlight your spring to summer transition! Enjoy the SMS Classic - it is wonderful!
jkstraw
Jerry
Jerry

Postby brbadg » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:05 am

Wow! Thanks guys.I'm at the end of a long search to find the right gear that would enable me to play acoustic,electric and bass all out of the same rig.Looks like the SMS is going to be the key that holds it all together.
brbadg
Wavy Gravy
Wavy Gravy

Postby wolftigerrosebud » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:45 pm

JonnyBoy wrote:"It shipped... It's on the way" are my favorite six words........ Thanks Brad!

I think mine must have been in the same batch as yours -- got my notification yesterday. Supposed to be arriving Friday. Congratulations bro, and far fucking out.
wolftigerrosebud
Rosemary
Rosemary

Postby tcsned » Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:29 am

Jonnyboy & wolftigerrosebud
Awesome!! Enjoy your new toy. I am getting closer to having a full scale test of mine at my next gig as my new guitar with Waldo buffer and OBEL will be done and my 79 Strat is all gutted, painted and redone. My WGD's troubles have been somewhat alleviated but the pickups, while I love them are not very Jerry. The home test I did the other day with the Strat sounded awesome - great Alligator tone. I'm sure you'll both love it. Post clips when you're ready!
tcsned

Postby JonnyBoy » Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:54 am

The SMS is great. I have no regrets whatsoever buying this. It is very nice to have a complete compact rack. Built the box for the mac too. Everything is housed in dark walnut stained wood, my rig looks like an antique piece of furniture :lol: .

The tone stack is great, I like the reverb too. I also have a good external reverb too, but why hook more crap up? This will work great for a live setting. I get to test it out tonight at our best venue we play... I expect stellar sound from it. If anyone is looking for a cheap Fender twin Head case, let me know. It is made out of 3/4 Birch. I can get pics if interested. The head is going back into the combo.

Thanks Brad!
JonnyBoy

Postby tcsned » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:26 am

JonnyBoy wrote:The SMS is great. I have no regrets whatsoever buying this. It is very nice to have a complete compact rack. Built the box for the mac too. Everything is housed in dark walnut stained wood, my rig looks like an antique piece of furniture :lol: .

The tone stack is great, I like the reverb too. I also have a good external reverb too, but why hook more crap up? This will work great for a live setting. I get to test it out tonight at our best venue we play... I expect stellar sound from it. If anyone is looking for a cheap Fender twin Head case, let me know. It is made out of 3/4 Birch. I can get pics if interested. The head is going back into the combo.

Thanks Brad!

Congrats Jonnyboy!! I hope it works out for you as well as it has for me.
tcsned

Postby wolftigerrosebud » Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:42 am

The Classic is, indeed, great. I couldn't be happier with mine. After I started playing it yesterday I just got this huge, out of control smile on my face that stayed there for some time -- this is THE sound. It feels really sturdy, the reverb sounds fantastic, the resistors Brad suggested for me do indeed give the highs a beautiful sound, it's very versatile from what I've tried so far, and it has a well-written manual (I know that's minor but it's a nice thing to have with all these companies that produce cheaply made Chinese stuff slapping poorly written and confusing manuals in the box.) I'm sure there are a lot of other good things about that I have yet to find out, too.
wolftigerrosebud
Rosemary
Rosemary

Postby JonnyBoy » Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:16 pm

Totally agree! I played with it last night and it was awesome! SMS->MC100-> JBl E-120 2x12 & looping through effects. I have to say it was much easier to dial in for me, and the hall reverb was great. I usually prefer a spring verb, but I was liking this better. Subtle and lush. I like the dark setting, which helps keep the high high frequencies at bay from your beam of death when LOUD. Almost so high you can barely hear it, but it is less bright where you don't need to be when the tone pot is high. I am very happy with it.
JonnyBoy

Postby mijknahs » Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:36 pm

Yes. I like the dark switch too sometimes. Especially when using only 1x12". For some reason the 2x12" is fuller and less bright sounding.
mijknahs

Postby paulkogut » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:50 pm

I've had great luck with using Brad's gear for my jazz sound (which I like to think doesn't stray too far in tone and spirit from Mr. Garcia....)

My main rig is the SMS into a Walter Woods Stereo amp and 2 1X12 Harry Kolbe cabs with Eminence neo-mags. There's a good view of the gear here, but I usually have the cabs on 2 chairs in "stereo" rather than stacked.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFONMT5pOSo

For my 'carry-on' rig, I start with the SGBB, the Earth Drive is set with cranked output and low drive (always on), an old favorite OD2, volume pedal, and new favorite Strymon verb.
Brad modded the SGBB with an internal switch to run on European voltage, the blue tape reminds me what continent I'm on......
http://s1135.photobucket.com/albums/m62 ... edals2.jpg
paulkogut
Donna
Donna

PreviousNext

Return to Jerry Tone