wiring

wiring

Postby hippieguy1954 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:32 am

I'm rewiring my Schecter c1+ for Jerry tone (similar to Tiger, but without the effects loop).
It comes stock with 2 volume pots, 1 push pull tone/coil tap pot, and 3 way Les Paul style pickup selector toggle switch.
I am adding 1 CB1 guitar buffer/preamp.
I want to keep the configuration of 2 volume pots, 1 push pull tone/coil tap pot, and 3 way Les Paul style pickup selector toggle switch and add the CB1 guitar buffer/preamp.
Can it be done? Can you help me with a wiring diagram or tell me who can?
First show: 1973
Last show: 1994
hippieguy1954

Re: wiring

Postby strumminsix » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:33 am

You don't need to keep reposting for help. Best I can see you have asked these same question in 3 other threads.
strumminsix

Postby NWPines » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:39 am

strumminsix wrote:You don't need to keep reposting for help. Best I can see you have asked these same question in 3 other threads.

I think it's been like 5 threads in 4 different forums asking the exact same question. Not trying be a dick, but dude that's a bit obnoxious. Folks on this board are super knowledgeable and usually very generous with their time and info. I'm sure if someone can help you out, they will. Just sit back and give it a minute.
NWPines
Brent
Brent

Postby hippieguy1954 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:00 am

Sorry to all who are annoyed! My first time using any forum...ever! Have been workin on and playin guitars and a deadhead for 40 yrs. Was just temporaraly? stumped and after surfin sites for 3 hrs I finally signed up here knowin the people I would encounter would be very kind. I figured out the wiring this morn after sleepin on it. Was very simple. Thought I was gonna get an answer here in a couple of hrs....silly me! I guess I should not have such high expectations. Anyway.....love and peace all...maybe see ya furthur.
hippieguy1954

Postby Tennessee Jedi » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:09 am

hippieguy1954 wrote:Sorry to all who are annoyed! My first time using any forum...ever! Have been workin on and playin guitars and a deadhead for 40 yrs. Was just temporaraly? stumped and after surfin sites for 3 hrs I finally signed up here knowin the people I would encounter would be very kind. I figured out the wiring this morn after sleepin on it. Was very simple. Thought I was gonna get an answer here in a couple of hrs....silly me! I guess I should not have such high expectations. Anyway.....love and peace all...maybe see ya furthur.

Dont worry bro
might take a few days but someone will have a idea for you ....
I dont know if you have used the 'search' function yet - try it out
:-)
Tennessee Jedi

Postby JonnyBoy » Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:16 pm

with every guitar I have wired, I used this particular site for any schematic information I may need.

http://www.wald-electronics.com/tiger.html
http://otislotus.net/ Finally finished our new site...
JonnyBoy

Postby hippieguy1954 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:54 pm

hey man thanks a lot! i figured it out myself as usual with the help of a few diagrams. i've used that site myself too over the years. This guitar sounds awsome now with the super2's runnin through the CB1 preamp/buffer and the tone cap from RS Guitar works (special design for electric guitars...has a great range on the tone control). Splittin the super2's is better now too. It is a great mod using 2 humbuckers. I also left out the effects loop opting for an external one. Sounds like "Tiger" except for the middle pickup! peace
hippieguy1954

Postby JonnyBoy » Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:04 pm

hippieguy1954 wrote: Sounds like "Tiger" except for the middle pickup! peace

I know lots of people hate chopping up their axe and routing for that middle super II, but the middle split super II sound is about 90% of what Jerry used. I don't think you have to have it though to have good Jerry tone, but it is much easier that way, especially when using his gear. A local guitar hero borrowed my guitar at a local "open Jam" and he opted for my neck pickup humbucker and it sounded so full and beautiful on my amp with Jerry settings, I am sure his hands helped too. Glad you got it all working! I understand how frustrating it can be when you have no direction and your guitar in parts on the kitchen table.
http://otislotus.net/ Finally finished our new site...
JonnyBoy

Postby strumminsix » Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:19 pm

Well now cool! Welcome, dude! Keep this link:
search.php?search_id=newposts

Shows all the news posts!
strumminsix

Postby hippieguy1954 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:14 am

JonnyBoy wrote:
hippieguy1954 wrote: Sounds like "Tiger" except for the middle pickup! peace

I know lots of people hate chopping up their axe and routing for that middle super II, but the middle split super II sound is about 90% of what Jerry used. I don't think you have to have it though to have good Jerry tone, but it is much easier that way, especially when using his gear. A local guitar hero borrowed my guitar at a local "open Jam" and he opted for my neck pickup humbucker and it sounded so full and beautiful on my amp with Jerry settings, I am sure his hands helped too. Glad you got it all working! I understand how frustrating it can be when you have no direction and your guitar in parts on the kitchen table.

Yea well I'll probably put the middle pickup in at some point...I know what your talking about...Jerry used it a lot. But for now this is great through just the basic Jerry pedals then the silver face twin with 2 E120's and the 2 Beyma Liberty 8 speakers in the cab I built.
hippieguy1954

Postby bdhact1 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:30 pm

I'm curious as to why you chose to use the CB-1 over Waldo's TPC1 Tiger preamp Buffer?
The TPC1 is more authentically correct sounding than the CB-1.

http://www.wald-electronics.com/wald-electronics_shop/tiger_preamp_clone.html
bdhact1
Terrapin
Terrapin

Postby hippieguy1954 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:29 pm

bdhact1 wrote:I'm curious as to why you chose to use the CB-1 over Waldo's TPC1 Tiger preamp Buffer?

My research through http://caesound.net/cb1guitarpreampbuffer.aspx led me to believe the CB-1 was the original. This is what they say at CAE sound:
Originally designed by John Cutler for Jerry Garcia, CB1 is a true Hi-Fi wideband guitar preamp. It buffers the high impedance output of the guitar pickup and provides the low impedance drive necessary to send the signal to the effects pedal with no tone loss. CB1 is designed to sit between the pickups and the output jack and to be “in circuit” at all times.
hippieguy1954

Postby hippieguy1954 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:32 pm

bdhact1 wrote:I'm curious as to why you chose to use the CB-1 over Waldo's TPC1 Tiger preamp Buffer?

Also, except for the money, it's very easy to change out, but I'm not sure now which one is more authentic. Have you tried both?
hippieguy1954

Postby strumminsix » Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:39 pm

hippieguy1954 wrote:

Also, except for the money, it's very easy to change out, but I'm not sure now which one is more authentic. Have you tried both?

Yo! A few things to point out... the CAE and authenticity has been beaten to death her in the past. And, Waldo here is the proprietor of Wald-Electronics

Most people seem to enjoy both but here Waldo gets shinning review.
strumminsix

Postby hippieguy1954 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:37 pm

strumminsix wrote:
hippieguy1954 wrote:

Yo! A few things to point out... the CAE and authenticity has been beaten to death her in the past. And, Waldo here is the proprietor of Wald-Electronics

Most people seem to enjoy both but here Waldo gets shinning review.

Yo?...Hey man, thanks for the info! Being new here, I have no idea whats been beaten to death or not. I'll try searching that topic and see how it's been beaten to death. I checked out Waldo's site and think its very cool! I gotta say this CB-1 sure sounds sweet, but then again I havn't tried the other! Peace.
hippieguy1954

Next

Return to Jerry Tone