03/17/11 - Fairfax, VA

Talk about the recent Tours

03/17/11 - Fairfax, VA

Postby Jon S. » Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:48 am

Go Patriots (v. Villanova today at 2)! Great show last night in the heart of
Mason Nation (the Patriot Center). So many highlights but tops for me was the full Terrapin suite. Saw every DC-area 'Head I know at the show. How'd you dig it, Chuckles?
"For me, I think the only danger is being too much in love with guitar playing. The music is the most important thing, and the guitar is only the instrument." Jerry Garcia
Jon S.

Re: 03/17/11 - Fairfax, VA

Postby Jon S. » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:11 am

Alligator
Minglewood
Whiskey in the Jar
Dire Wolf
Candyman
Two Djinn
Cucamonga
Deal

- cont. -
"For me, I think the only danger is being too much in love with guitar playing. The music is the most important thing, and the guitar is only the instrument." Jerry Garcia
Jon S.

Postby Jon S. » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:14 am

Weather Report Suite
Let It Grow
Fire
Cumberland Blues
Throwing Stones
Terrapin Station Suite
Standing on the Moon
Feeling Alright

organ donor rap
Liberty
Jon S.

Postby tcsned » Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:13 am

Jon S. wrote:Go Patriots (v. Villanova today at 2)! Great show last night in the heart of
Mason Nation (the Patriot Center). So many highlights but tops for me was the full Terrapin suite. Saw every DC-area 'Head I know at the show. How'd you dig it, Chuckles?

Good luck in the NCAA! I almost went to GMU for the History PhD program - I saw Niel Young at the Pat Center. Glad to see the boys are playing cool shows, can't wait for April 1!

My Hokies got denied once again so we'll be NIT'ing it :oops:
tcsned

Postby TheMissingDigit » Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:47 am

Russo's playing on Terrapin was unbelievable and the Deal 1st set closer was smokin. I had great seats but couldn't fully see the headstock from my angle, was that an Ibanez Hollowbody John was playing for the first few songs?
TheMissingDigit
tiger
tiger

Postby Chuckles » Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:14 am

Jon S. wrote:Go Patriots (v. Villanova today at 2)! Great show last night in the heart of
Had a blast! More importantly, it was the first time Mrs. Chuckles had seen them and she had a blast, too. 8)

Russo just kills on that Terrapin Flyer, doesn't he?

TMD: that was indeed a hollowbody Ibby he played the first three tunes... don't know if it is from the Bobby collection or not, but am hoping to find out...
Seems like I've been here before...

The Road's Facebook Page (including links to tunage) is here:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Road/ ... 200?ref=nf
Chuckles

Postby Jon S. » Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:50 am

What a victory by the Patriots yesterday! :cool: But I'm afraid Sunday's match with Ohio State will be our cold shower. :cry:

Must add, though I was a wreck at work yesterday, I'm still on a high today from Thursday's show. I've been to so many fine shows in my day and I enjoyed Thursday's right up there with the best of 'em.
Jon S.

Postby jeffm725 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:19 pm

Just the thought of George Mason makes me throw up in my mouth.
:? :? :? :? :?
(UCONN alumni)
.......................................................have you heard the one about the yellow dog?
jeffm725

Return to Grateful Dead Tour Info