Hard Truckers Show and Tell

Hard Truckers Show and Tell

Postby hard truckers co » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:59 am

Hello...

Just wanted to throw out there the new project we are working on with Louis Electric Amps... Based on Garcia's '74 rig and tone. A Louis Electric Amp Head housed in a Hard Truckers Head Cabinet combined with a Hard Truckers 2x12 JG1 Cabinet loaded with Beyma Liberty Speakers.

Just a taste, More information to follow. Truly something special...
Enjoy the sneak peak, thanks for all your support.
Glenn

ampcablowres.jpg
ampcablowres.jpg (36.7 KiB) Viewed 1345 times
hard truckers co
Brent
Brent

Re: Hard Truckers Show and Tell

Postby strumminsix » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:01 am

Hey Glenn, stop spamming the forum and put this in the proper forum:
viewforum.php?f=334
strumminsix

Postby hard truckers co » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:13 am

The item is not for sale but for discussion.
hard truckers co
Brent
Brent

Postby keirweir » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:37 am

In the spirit of discussion I play through a crap cab loaded with Beyma Liberties.

They sound pretty sweet
keirweir

Postby hard truckers co » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:00 am

From all our testing we have found while not exact the Beyma's come real close to capturing that JBL sound. A great alternative for those that prefer new gear over vintage. It is a bit suprising more people don't use the Beyma's,but I guess they are a bit expensive for what they are. They do match up well though.
- Glenn
hard truckers co
Brent
Brent

Postby keirweir » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:12 am

hard truckers co wrote:From all our testing we have found while not exact the Beyma's come real close to capturing that JBL sound. A great alternative for those that prefer new gear over vintage. It is a bit suprising more people don't use the Beyma's,but I guess they are a bit expensive for what they are. They do match up well though.
- Glenn

My were brand new when I got them. I didn't get that sweet sound until about 9 months into using them. I have them in my cab over my E's now. I do find myself switching between my K's, E's and beyma's.

Here's a sample

http://www.archive.org/download/DLG2011 ... You_Do.mp3
keirweir

Postby TI4-1009 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:57 am

strumminsix wrote:Hey Glenn, stop spamming the forum and put this in the proper forum:
http://community.rukind.com/viewforum.php?f=334

If this be spam- prithee do your worst!
"Do not write so that you can be understood, write so that you cannot be misunderstood." -Epictetus

First show: 8/16/69 (Woodstock)
Last show: 3/19/95 (Unbroken Chain breakout)
Member of the Four-Decade Club
Charter Member, President & CEO of OAD (Order of the Ancient Deadheads)
TI4-1009

Postby strumminsix » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:27 am

hard truckers co wrote:The item is not for sale but for discussion.

What are you discussing?

You are giving a "sneak peak" for something that you will have for sale, yes?

You never asked a question so where is the discussion?

When will it be for sale, Glenn?
strumminsix

Postby waldo041 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:34 am

looks good glenn, hope the new product works for HT's! Sarno Music Solutions also sell a 74'ish version of his Classic Preamp as well. be cool to test both side by side once you get yours into production.

that said, i believe the preamp taps used in 74 were alembic, and those taps had the vibrato in-circuit. i noticed you don't have either vibrato pot in your prototype. having the vibrato circuit, more importantly that intensity pot in circuit, alters the output/tone from the tap that he later used as i am sure you know. so what gives there?

also, iirc, from 68 thru 74 Jerry's preamps utilized the normal channel as well as the vibrato channel to achieve that tone. i know for a fact that in 74 with just the one preamp he did this to push both sides of his mc2300 to power all those speakers he used then.

so, is this an in house tweak of the AB763 rendering a preamp that is similar in tone to 74? or is this an inside account or reproduction of what Jerry actually used in 74? i would hope you could give us some insight on how HT is actually going about reproducing that 74 tone. Also, what is the price range going to look like?

peace,
waldo
"Tone is in the instruments. Technique in the hands. Do what you will." ~ quote from some guy at the TGP forum
waldo041

Postby JonnyBoy » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:49 am

waldo041 wrote:so, is this an in house tweak of the AB763 rendering a preamp that is similar in tone to 74? or is this an inside account or reproduction of what Jerry actually used in 74? i would hope you could give us some insight on how HT is actually going about reproducing that 74 tone. Also, what is the price range going to look like?

peace,
waldo

PLUS ONE... Sounds cool Glen.
http://otislotus.net/ Finally finished our new site...
JonnyBoy

Postby hard truckers co » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:08 pm

The amp prototype is less than two weeks old. The vibrato channel/circuit have not been assembled yet. Lou of Louis Electric Amps has just started to get the thing up and running in pieces. The project is the culmination of some pretty serious research with more details to come in the near future. The project is definitely in its infancy and months from being unveiled. No pricing or specs are available yet as the project is still quite fluid.

For those of you that haven't had the opportunity to hear about Louis Electric Amps they are pretty special. Lou counts as his clients some pretty heavy hitters including Keith Richards, Jorma, Hubert Sumlin, John Fogerty, Danny Gatton and Les Paul to just name a few. An avid deadhead like you he has "that tone" swirling in his head as he goes about his day.

Earlier purposely didn't ask any questions, knowing the insane amount of knowledge that floats around the board, I kinda figured that quite the in depth discussion would flow organically, there are some pretty smart cookies here if you haven't noticed :-) .

As stuff unfolds as always I am more than happy to share.
Glenn
hard truckers co
Brent
Brent

Postby hogan » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:45 am

waldo041 wrote:looks good glenn, hope the new product works for HT's! Sarno Music Solutions also sell a 74'ish version of his Classic Preamp as well. be cool to test both side by side once you get yours into production.

that said, i believe the preamp taps used in 74 were alembic, and those taps had the vibrato in-circuit. i noticed you don't have either vibrato pot in your prototype. having the vibrato circuit, more importantly that intensity pot in circuit, alters the output/tone from the tap that he later used as i am sure you know. so what gives there?

also, iirc, from 68 thru 74 Jerry's preamps utilized the normal channel as well as the vibrato channel to achieve that tone. i know for a fact that in 74 with just the one preamp he did this to push both sides of his mc2300 to power all those speakers he used then.

so, is this an in house tweak of the AB763 rendering a preamp that is similar in tone to 74? or is this an inside account or reproduction of what Jerry actually used in 74? i would hope you could give us some insight on how HT is actually going about reproducing that 74 tone. Also, what is the price range going to look like?

peace,
waldo
Honest to the point of recklessness.
PM me for a cab
http://www.facebook.com/workingmansdead
Happy customers (~);-} :
paulinnc, spaceyrface43, AKdead, chuckles, ebelgee, Quebee, Kennay, bomall01, NashvilleMike, Strumminsix,jx2638,Chutley, Adam Deckard, jkstraw, TennesseeJedi, deadhead1988, spacefunkologist, rmackenzie
hogan

Postby Jon S. » Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:27 am

Looks good! Personally, you lose me with 2 X 22 lbs. speakers but fortunately, from past email conversations with Glen, HT will ship your cab unloaded (or loaded with your speakers of choice if you drop ship 'em) which is very cool. :smile:
"For me, I think the only danger is being too much in love with guitar playing. The music is the most important thing, and the guitar is only the instrument." Jerry Garcia
Jon S.

Postby hard truckers co » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:43 am

As of now it's a bit premature to speculate but it's a safe bet that the amp head will be available separately as well as unloaded or loaded with the speakers of your choice. G
hard truckers co
Brent
Brent

Postby strumminsix » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:53 am

strumminsix wrote:Hey Glenn, stop spamming the forum and put this in the proper forum:
viewforum.php?f=334

hard truckers co wrote:The item is not for sale but for discussion.

hard truckers co wrote:As of now it's a bit premature to speculate but it's a safe bet that the amp head will be available separately as well as unloaded or loaded with the speakers of your choice. G
strumminsix

Next

Return to Jerry Tone