Diagram for Strat with S-S-S P/u's, OBEL & UGB?

Diagram for Strat with S-S-S P/u's, OBEL & UGB?

Postby Arnold's Carnival » Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:37 am

Hi All. I was wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of, or possibly provide a wiring diagram for a Strat with 3 single coils with a UGB & OBEL? Basically a Gator with some Tiger innards, or like what Brad did for Mattson.

I have a CS69 Strat, set of Fralin Steel Pole 42's, Waldo's Buffer and OBEL. I wired it based off of the available diagrams, but none are obvioulsy specific to this setup. When it was done, it sounded pretty good, but proved to be an antenna in live situations, so i abandonded the idea.....
I guess i had the basicis down, but did not know how to trouble shoot the extraneous noise and i am hopig that maybe a more specific diagram to this approach may aleviate most of it.

Any help would be much appreciated!
Arnold's Carnival
Keith
Keith

Re: Diagram for Strat with S-S-S P/u's, OBEL & UGB?

Postby waldo041 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:58 am

sounds like possibly a ground loop. shield the guitar and try this grounding scheme shown in the layout.

HTH

peace,
waldo
"Tone is in the instruments. Technique in the hands. Do what you will." ~ quote from some guy at the TGP forum
waldo041

Postby JonnyBoy » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:11 am

That is very helpful to have on file. Thanks Waldo!!
http://otislotus.net/ Finally finished our new site...
JonnyBoy

Postby Arnold's Carnival » Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:45 am

Wow! Thank you so very much Waldo! I really appreciate this. You (and the others like you) make this place a great wealth of information. :hail:

Staring a nice vacation today, so i will have plenty of time to get this right!! :peas:

That is, after VIBES!!!!! :D
Arnold's Carnival
Keith
Keith

Postby gpilcher2001 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:19 am

Is it possible to get the above grounding diagram re-posted. I have a similar situation, only I've isolated it to the effects loop itself. When I unplug the loop cable the buzzing goes away. So there seems to be a ground loop within the loop side of the set up. The guitar is dead quiet with the loop cable unpluged. My pick up arrangement is different but this seemed like the best place to post this. I have a strat sized humbucker in the neck, a super 2 wired permanently to single coil in the middle, and a humbucker in the bridge. Thanks Greg... :|
good to know you got shoes to wear when you find the floor.....
gpilcher2001
Terrapin
Terrapin

Return to Jerry Tone