5 way switch wiring

5 way switch wiring

Postby gpilcher2001 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:25 pm

Hi all, in reference to th various tiger wiring diagrams, what are the jumpers on the 5 way switch for? This my second wire job of this kind. My first one was off dozin's schemo and my second one is off of walds tiger schemo. For some reason the volume on the guitar won't turn all the way down on the walds version. The only thing I did different was use push pull pots instead of using mini goggles and I didn't use the jumpers on the 5 way . Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks Greg
good to know you got shoes to wear when you find the floor.....
gpilcher2001
Terrapin
Terrapin

Re: 5 way switch wiring

Postby JonnyBoy » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:18 am

gpilcher2001 wrote:Hi all, in reference to th various tiger wiring diagrams, what are the jumpers on the 5 way switch for? This my second wire job of this kind. My first one was off dozin's schemo and my second one is off of walds tiger schemo. For some reason the volume on the guitar won't turn all the way down on the walds version. The only thing I did different was use push pull pots instead of using mini goggles and I didn't use the jumpers on the 5 way . Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks Greg

I think it may be a system of redundant paths of current, IMO. I always thought they were redundant. Maybe in case the switch fails, the other side of the switch has connections that are still engaged.

As for the pot, Sounds like a bad pot to me, Are there any active electronics in use? either way all the way down means just that, no matter the values in question. It sounds like it may be defective.
http://otislotus.net/ Finally finished our new site...
JonnyBoy

Postby bdhact1 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:32 am

The jumpers are for the Tone control circuits.
bdhact1
Terrapin
Terrapin

Postby waldo041 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:10 am

the jumpers are for sharing the tone control for the neck and bridge. the tiger layout i have does not need the sharing as it uses indivdual pots(1's a dual ganged) and caps for each pickup and are directly wired to their pickup on the 5way.

peace,
waldo
"Tone is in the instruments. Technique in the hands. Do what you will." ~ quote from some guy at the TGP forum
waldo041

Postby JonnyBoy » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:53 pm

I was thinking of this wiring sorry.... Those blue wires are for what?
http://otislotus.net/ Finally finished our new site...
JonnyBoy

Postby waldo041 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:23 pm

to share 1 tone control with 2 pickups(neck&bridge)

peace,
waldo
"Tone is in the instruments. Technique in the hands. Do what you will." ~ quote from some guy at the TGP forum
waldo041

Postby gpilcher2001 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:38 pm

Ah! I get it now thanks. Greg...
good to know you got shoes to wear when you find the floor.....
gpilcher2001
Terrapin
Terrapin

Return to Jerry Tone