Huge, MAJOR announcement

Re: Huge, MAJOR announcement

Postby Tennessee Jedi » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:24 pm

Because they are selling the set MINUS the bonus swag for the same $. No discount ?
:?:
But really - we have all gotten and will continue to get the music for free so no biggie.
Tennessee Jedi

Postby jdsmodulus » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:59 pm

Sold out and getting 4 figures on Ebay! Epic Fail! :shock:
jdsmodulus

Postby rkubik » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:18 pm

caspersvapors wrote:
rkubik wrote:I am a little torn on something with this. I have no objection to the price or what comes with the set as it all sounds really cool. My concern is why are they limiting the amount of sets besides to just make the money and eventually jack the price way up. It seems against the whole spirit of the music to limit it to a few thousand sets. It still pisses me off that they take stuff off archive once it is released there were quite a few Auds that I really liked that are no longer available.

no, theyre limiting the amount of sets because they want to actually sell all the produce. youre paying like 7.50 a disk, plus getting a bunch of extra stuff too. where are you getting this jacking prices stuff? the only people jacking prices will be the dudes flipping this set on ebay, and its not like GD is getting a dime of that

I should have made myself more clear. The people on Ebay were the ones I was talking about not the GD. Again, I have no objection to the price and am glad they will continue to sell the music..Hurray!!
rkubik
Blues for Allah
Blues for Allah

Postby brbadg » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:51 pm

I think we should add that Rhino bought the vault from the Dead . I don't know how much they are involved other than making a few comments about the releases.
brbadg
Wavy Gravy
Wavy Gravy

Postby bodiddley » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:07 am

jdsmodulus wrote:Sold out and getting 4 figures on Ebay! Epic Fail! :shock:

Seriously? Wow. Are people really that crazy?
bodiddley

Postby Charlie » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:56 pm

Can't believe it. If they sold out in four days, wouldn't that give them the message that therre are plenty more dollars in another print run.
Charlie
Brent
Brent

Postby Tennessee Jedi » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:59 am

You can still get the boatload of disc's but without all the schwag.
Tennessee Jedi

Postby ScubaGeek » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:31 pm

Octal wrote:Torrents will probably be everywhere for this, so no need to worry about archive.org quite yet (although I am kind of worried).

My experience with '72 shows is that the first set always seems very much the same, excluding the Playin' that usually lasts about 17 minutes and Bird Song for about 10. As tigerstrat said, "that's a helluva lot of versions of "Mr. Charlie"". So I would only be getting it with the intention of listening to the second sets (most deadheads probably agree with me on that).

I had the same thought about this. I mean, how many different versions of El Paso, Big River, Me And My Uncle, etc do you really need?
ScubaGeek
tiger
tiger

Postby Cmnaround » Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:30 pm

I had the same thought about this. I mean, how many different versions of El Paso, Big River, Me And My Uncle, etc do you really need?[/quote]

I can totally see your point, but for this one I think it's kinda special. I started buying the very first few dicks picks as they were released, buy haven't picked up too much of the released stuff except maybe one every year or so - mainly because of the awesome matrix mixes available on bit torrent. But to be able to get the entire run of the Europe '72 tour would indeed be cool - and it will provide literally years of listening enjoyment - especially if you dig listening to shows in their entirety. The other benefit is the quality from the CDs vs mp3s. All the stuff I get off torrent I push down to mp3 just to get it to fit on my iPod - but for something as monumental as this tour - to be able to access the high quality - and all 16 track remastered - seems like it's worth it for sure. It's like 20 bucks a show. I was just surprised it sold out so quick - but I really don't need all that extra stuff - just the music - even motivated me to go get a kick ass home system to enjoy it on!
Cmnaround
Rosemary
Rosemary

Postby tumbledownshack » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:48 pm

I bought the box #2956/7200 and I never listened to the discs.
I need to sell it because I found out I'm going to be a dad.

$525

Let me know
tumbledownshack
Keith
Keith

Previous

Return to Tapers Section