Fret board stickers

Re: Fret board stickers

Postby tcsned » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:18 pm

Sweet!
tcsned

Postby monroe » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:49 pm

Man every time you post pics of that guitar I start day dreaming about the day when mine arrives ... Come on January 12th!!!!
monroe
Blues for Allah
Blues for Allah

Postby paulinnc » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:50 pm

The guitar looks great!! I'm glad to see what the wolf sticker looks like on a guitar. These stickers will save me an extra 300 that I would have spent on an inlay. What I plan to do is put a sticker on and clear coat over it when I finish my guitar. Now all I need to do is start building it. I am happy to say that I found a new place to work and that I will be getting more parts and tools for xmas.

brutusbuck45 wrote:I got my Wolf inlay sticker today from this same eBayer (Japan). Its very cool.

DSC02011 (Custom).JPG

DSC02005 (Custom).JPG

DSC02048 (Custom).JPG
paulinnc

Postby TI4-1009 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:51 am

If the sticker was good enough for Jerry it's good enough for me! Irwin was the one who took it over the top and inlayed it.
"Do not write so that you can be understood, write so that you cannot be misunderstood." -Epictetus

First show: 8/16/69 (Woodstock)
Last show: 3/19/95 (Unbroken Chain breakout)
Member of the Four-Decade Club
Charter Member, President & CEO of OAD (Order of the Ancient Deadheads)
TI4-1009

Postby Adam Deckard » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:50 am

Here's the wolf ones
Adam Deckard
Terrapin
Terrapin

Postby vwjodyme » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:22 am

Very Cool! Hadn't seen those yet.
Might be my next ones since the first set has begun peeling in the corners
vwjodyme

Postby tcsned » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:00 am

cool Adam! you should bring it by sometime
tcsned

Postby Adam Deckard » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:40 pm

I wish I could have made it over there after fall semester that one time. I am running that recycling business now and between that and full load in computer engineering at tech an hour away well... PM me when you get a chance, if you've got time this weekend or any time soon i'd love to.
Adam Deckard
Terrapin
Terrapin

Postby willmusic » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:54 pm

Got mine a while back, just got around to putting it on. By golly, I like it more than I thought I would!

willmusic
wolf
wolf

Postby JonnyBoy » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:33 pm

I got the Irwin Logo, wolf sticker and the fret markers (wolf) and for the price its worth it. It really looks awesome. Plying with the fret markers seems like they might peel off with some harder playing. You can feel them when you play, dunno yet how durable they are going to be, but the stickers are figgin awesome! The guy shipped really fast too!
http://otislotus.net/ Finally finished our new site...
JonnyBoy

Postby tcsned » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:54 pm

JonnyBoy wrote:I got the Irwin Logo, wolf sticker and the fret markers (wolf) and for the price its worth it. It really looks awesome. Plying with the fret markers seems like they might peel off with some harder playing. You can feel them when you play, dunno yet how durable they are going to be, but the stickers are figgin awesome! The guy shipped really fast too!

Are you using them on your Les Paul or another guitar with really low frets? On my WGD the frets are tall enough that I don't really contact the fretboard very heavily - I don't feel the stickers at all when I play. Very cool for sure! Do you have some pics?
tcsned

Postby JonnyBoy » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:10 pm

tcsned wrote:
JonnyBoy wrote:I got the Irwin Logo, wolf sticker and the fret markers (wolf) and for the price its worth it. It really looks awesome. Plying with the fret markers seems like they might peel off with some harder playing. You can feel them when you play, dunno yet how durable they are going to be, but the stickers are figgin awesome! The guy shipped really fast too!

Are you using them on your Les Paul or another guitar with really low frets? On my WGD the frets are tall enough that I don't really contact the fretboard very heavily - I don't feel the stickers at all when I play. Very cool for sure! Do you have some pics?

Not my Les Paul, she is in semi retirement now that I have completed my new one. This one is wired like rosebud too, but looks like Wolf. I will spec it out with pics tomorrow.

But to answer the question,
Yes this is a new neck through guitar I got from one of my students on trade for free lessons. It is a guitar I would best guess built in the late 70's by a company named Bell. It is an awesome guitar, a slight adjustment to the truss rod and the neck is perfect. I have now finally finished her and she is ready for pictures which I will get tonight at rehearsal, my camera is DOA so I have to use my drummers. It really came out Perfect!!
http://otislotus.net/ Finally finished our new site...
JonnyBoy

Postby cstig » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:16 pm

I ordered the wolf sticker a while back.. looks pretty cool.
k.jpg
k.jpg (96.65 KiB) Viewed 1551 times
cstig
rukind?
rukind?

Postby softmachine72 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:19 pm

the wolf inlays aren't too bad but the tiger inlay is way off
softmachine72
Steal Your Face
Steal Your Face

Postby KWRummie » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:40 pm

Here's mine with the Tiger, fretboard and eagle headstock inlays stickers. I think they look great on my budget Tiger. I got to emailing with the guy and he was very cool.
Attachments
2011-03-24 045.jpg
2011-03-24 045.jpg (11.63 KiB) Viewed 1466 times
KWRummie
Donna
Donna

PreviousNext

Return to Guitar Building and Mods