Drug Raid on Cruise

Drug Raid on Cruise

Postby JonnyBoy » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:47 pm

http://news.travel.aol.com/2011/01/10/feds-raid-jam-band-cruise-for-drugs/?ncid=AOLCOMMtravsharartl0001&a_dgi=aolshare_email

This is pretty scary, I thought we were going to use this power to allow profile based searches and raids to catch enemy's of our country.. Couldn't wait to call a Hippy a terrorist... :lol: I guess this crap has been going on all along, just surprised to see the feds so horny for quarter bag drug busts lately...
http://otislotus.net/ Finally finished our new site...
JonnyBoy

Re: Drug Raid on Cruise

Postby strumminsix » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:37 am

10 ft pool.
strumminsix

Postby JonnyBoy » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:30 am

free shrimp cocktail?
JonnyBoy

Postby Rusty the Scoob » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:44 pm

Give them powers and they're going to get creative in using them. Shouldn't be a surprise to anybody.
Rusty the Scoob

Postby RiverRat » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:21 pm

Last edited by RiverRat on Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RiverRat

Postby Dozin » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:08 pm

That sucks. way to snuff out a good thing.
"If you get confused,...
Listen to the music play"
Dozin

Postby willmusic » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:30 pm

"Dog-sniffing dogs were also used."
Interesting. But I just don't see the point!
willmusic
wolf
wolf

Postby tcsned » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:38 am

I think they do it because they are easy targets. They are all about numbers so they can pretend they're winning their stupid war. Hippies don't carry guns for the most part and aren't particularly subtle about what they're doing in public view. They've been doing this for a long time - I remember the big round-up in Richmond '85 because some prosecutor or something was running for D.A. - I had a bunch of friends who missed out on a killer show that night.
tcsned

Postby vwjodyme » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:53 am

didn't they used to let feds recruits loose on lot at atlanta shows? i think the dea or something is based there and i remember big police busses being at shows
vwjodyme

Postby JonnyBoy » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:01 am

just be sure to take government DOPE (Methadone, Nicotine, Caffeine, Alcohol, other various pharmaceuticals) because they are not dangerous to society and we need no immediate protection from these chemicals. Thank god they tell me what is safe and halthy and what is just plain addictive.
JonnyBoy

Postby UncleSam » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:13 pm

Ya its bullshit. Go bust the tweekers smokin meth and shit. BUTTTT on the upside of things, GREENSKY BLUEGRASSSSSS! Blowin up im so proud of these guys. Apparently they were jamin with steve kimock on the cruze and there opening for RRE on a few shows comin up. Local act from michigian out of kalamazoo and iv just been spoiled being able to see them as much as i do for only 5 bones here in little traverse city at the ole loading dock. seen them prolly ten times there in the past 3 years and i always knew they were special. Check them out it will be well worth your time... Also you may already know of cornmeal if your from the midwest but they are an exellent group as well and they play quite a bit together but also worth checkin out forsure!
But I'm not going worry about philosophical arguments concerning 'the function of poetry' or whatever. I'm singing my song, I feel the world becoming new as I do so, and maybe you will too.
UncleSam
bruce
bruce

Postby Gr8ful Bear » Mon May 30, 2011 3:46 pm

vwjodyme wrote:didn't they used to let feds recruits loose on lot at atlanta shows? i think the dea or something is based there and i remember big police busses being at shows

I don't know about the feds recruits or dea in the Atlanta area. I do remember them having cops on horses patroling the streets and parking lots. They were far more aggressive than most. One of the coolest things I saw in a parking lot was there in Atlanta - the last Atlanta shows maybe. I believe it was a three night run and I was enjoying some drumming around a small fire with a few dozen others who didn't make it in. It was about dusk or perhaps just after dark when a cop/security guy shows up on his horse and starts demanding that the fire be put out and everyone go on and stop loitering. Of course his was ignored. A few people spoke with him while the drumming went on. A few minutes later he is off the horse having some beers. A short while later he joined the handful of others who were dancing around the fire. That drum circle didn't get busted up for a long time.
Gr8ful Bear
welcome
welcome

Postby Gr8fulGreg » Mon May 30, 2011 11:44 pm

Gr8ful Bear wrote:
vwjodyme wrote:didn't they used to let feds recruits loose on lot at atlanta shows? i think the dea or something is based there and i remember big police busses being at shows

I don't know about the feds recruits or dea in the Atlanta area. I do remember them having cops on horses patroling the streets and parking lots. They were far more aggressive than most. One of the coolest things I saw in a parking lot was there in Atlanta - the last Atlanta shows maybe. I believe it was a three night run and I was enjoying some drumming around a small fire with a few dozen others who didn't make it in. It was about dusk or perhaps just after dark when a cop/security guy shows up on his horse and starts demanding that the fire be put out and everyone go on and stop loitering. Of course his was ignored. A few people spoke with him while the drumming went on. A few minutes later he is off the horse having some beers. A short while later he joined the handful of others who were dancing around the fire. That drum circle didn't get busted up for a long time.

What is sounds like is he got a good dose
...More then my maker but he's no friend of mine
Gr8fulGreg
Wavy Gravy
Wavy Gravy

Return to The Think Tank