Hartman Envelope Filter & Mark Karan

Chat about Equipment Info

Re: Hartman Envelope Filter & Mark Karan

Postby tigerstrat » Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:54 am

eeeeee wrote:I wonder how it sounds with a bass. Jerry wasn't the only person to make a Mutron part of his signature sound, you know! Bootsy's sound is a holy grail as well.

For bass I'd look into the new MXR bass envelope, or the EH Enigma, both of which probably sound great for guitar as well. I was pretty impressed by that MXR demo clip.
"There, in huge black letters, was 'The Grateful Dead'. It just... cancelled my mind out."-Garcia
tigerstrat

Postby Rusty the Scoob » Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:09 am

I'm pretty fond of my Lovetone Meatball for bass. VERY versatile and not that hard to use once you get the hang of it. They are a bit hard to come by, though. :lol:
Rusty the Scoob

Postby jkstraw » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:12 pm

Has anyone received this yet? Curious to hear some feedback.
jkstraw
Jerry
Jerry

Postby Chuckles » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:36 am

Haven't received mine yet either. The website says they're now shipping though - hopefully soon, was hoping to have it by our gig this Saturday. Mark's sound clips sound really nice, especially the UP/LO settings.
Seems like I've been here before...

The Road's Facebook Page (including links to tunage) is here:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Road/ ... 200?ref=nf
Chuckles

Postby zambiland » Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:23 am

tigerstrat wrote:
eeeeee wrote:I wonder how it sounds with a bass. Jerry wasn't the only person to make a Mutron part of his signature sound, you know! Bootsy's sound is a holy grail as well.

For bass I'd look into the new MXR bass envelope, or the EH Enigma, both of which probably sound great for guitar as well. I was pretty impressed by that MXR demo clip.

I just picked up a WMD Super Fatman today. So far it only got a music store audition, but with the Alembic SI it sounded great and is super versatile. I'm wondering if the name might be inspired by a certain rockin' fat man.

My Lexicon G2 died, so I'm trying to figure out what my best move is to get my effects happening again. I'm thinking maybe going in the box with Logic Mainstage, but I needed a good analog envelope filter. It also has an LFO and an expression pedal input. It will be gig tested tomorrow night, so I'll know for sure.

I've still got a hankering for a Meatball style filter and I'm thinking the Meatwad might be a good bet. However, when I auditioned online clips, the Fatman got the nod for sheer funkiness.
zambiland

Postby Chutley » Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:40 am

Hi all,

Anyone pick up a Hartman Envelope Filter yet? Just wondering if there are any reviews and how this thing might nail the Jerry Mutron tones.... :)
Chutley
bruce
bruce

Postby Chuckles » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:56 am

Finally got mine today... gonna gig with it Saturday and will post a review/clips....

Chuckles

Postby waldo041 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:35 am

i just saw one up on ebay as well!

peace,
waldo
"Tone is in the instruments. Technique in the hands. Do what you will." ~ quote from some guy at the TGP forum
waldo041

Postby The Bull » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:36 pm

After seeing this thread here in Nov. I curiously bought one. I did not mind the 2 week wait. I even was able to pick it up for "street price" being a fan of Mark Karan through his site.
I ordered the pedal paying with pay pal. After 2 weeks.....nothing. I went to send Hartman a e-mail and saw that the pedals were delayed now for 6 weeks. That cool, I am a patient guy. I asked Hatman in a email if my pedal was going to be 6 weeks in a email..........no response. I waited another 2 weeks and called them on the phone. Left a voicemail and nobody returned my call.

Paypal will not let you file a claim after 45 days. On day 43 I called hartman again left a polite message. NOTHING.

Day 44 here.......filed claim with Paypal.

This sucks I was wanting the pedal.
I have had horrible luck with the Q-tron pedal and was hoping for a great envelope filter.
I hate ordering stuff online. I also hate companys that are impossible to reach....... :?
The Bull
welcome
welcome

Postby Chuckles » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:17 pm

Thomas was quick to respond to my email back in early December, and I received the pedal two days after I sent him a follow-up last week.

Unfortunately, my pedal board was out of whack so I didn't even use it for last night's gig. No envelope, phase or delay, but got through it anyway. Once I get it figured out, I will follow up with a review/clips...

Chuckles

Postby The Bull » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:50 pm

GOT THE PEDAL!!!!!

I need a 18vdc plug now, anyone know what amp rating to use?
The Bull
welcome
welcome

Postby Chuckles » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:00 am

The Bull wrote:GOT THE PEDAL!!!!!

I need a 18vdc plug now, anyone know what amp rating to use?

It didn't come with it's own power supply??? Mine did...

Chuckles

Postby The Bull » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:26 am

No power supply, just a box in a box with the pedal inside. No instructions, just a business card with a email address that I have never gotten a response from and a phone number that goes straight to voicemail and no one ever calls you back..... :roll:

So whats the amp rating?
Thanks!
:-)
The Bull
welcome
welcome

Postby jmfranc » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:46 pm

Don't mean to spam but I won this Hartman Envelope pedal from a charity auction. I will not be using it and I've never even plugged it in. Buy it now for $225 - it's less than than the charity auction final and much less than retail. Here's the listing:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Hartman-Envelope-Fi ... 4aaa87630a
jmfranc
Pigpen
Pigpen

Postby jahozer » Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:56 am

Not sure why everyone has problems with the qtron. I have used the min-Qtron and now a micro-Qtron. The mini was huge, and after about 5 years or so, it started loosing oomph, or thats what I thought anyway. I dunno, 5 years out of an 80 dollar pedal that sounds almost exactly a 3-600 one is pretty good for me.

I get what I think is dead on with it. It doesnt happen all the time, and the sweet spot between how hot my guitar signal vs. the drive setting on the pedal can be somewhat elusive, but thats endemic to the nature of envelope filters being dynamically controlled.

I opted for the mini and micro over the + because, I really dont want to tweak a bunch of settings during a gig. I dont really care if I dont get the reverse phase sound from Dancin 77.

For 80 bucks, it is very realistic, organic and greasy sounding.
Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is the best.- the girl from the bus
jahozer
Bobby
Bobby

PreviousNext

Return to Grateful Dead Equipment Discussion