Jerry Intro Chords?

Jerry Intro Chords?

Postby Emoto » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:14 pm

Ok, so the conventional wisdom seems to be that right at the very beginning of the song, Jerry plays an F chord and an Fmaj7 for the accent chord.

What form are you guys using for the accent chord?

For the F, I like the first position, like a slid up open E. But, for the accent chord, no form of Fmaj7 that I have found really sounds right. To my ear, it seems like if I simply lift off my index finger, which happens to be barring the high E and B strings so that the B and high E ring open, it works.

Thoughts?
Such a long, long time to be gone, and a short time to be there...
Emoto

Re: Jerry Intro Chords?

Postby waldo041 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:42 pm

Emoto wrote:What form are you guys using for the accent chord?

For the F, I like the first position, like a slid up open E. But, for the accent chord, no form of Fmaj7 that I have found really sounds right. To my ear, it seems like if I simply lift off my index finger, which happens to be barring the high E and B strings so that the B and high E ring open, it works.

Thoughts?

what your doing is exactly what jerry did.

peace,
waldo
"The process of selecting the tone on the guitar is an aesthetic process like any other, so you try a lot of different things. Most of the things I’ve tried I’ve tried in live performances" ~ Jerry Garcia
waldo041

Re: Jerry Intro Chords?

Postby Emoto » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:47 pm

waldo041 wrote:
Emoto wrote:What form are you guys using for the accent chord?

Thoughts?

what your doing is exactly what jerry did.

peace,
waldo

GTFO!!! :lol:
Such a long, long time to be gone, and a short time to be there...
Emoto

Return to Terrapin Station