Jerry Tone from a Hot Rod Deluxe

Jerry Tone from a Hot Rod Deluxe

Postby monroe » Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:55 am

I've seen several mentions of the Hot Rod Deluxe (HRD) as a decent combo amp for some Jerry tones when someone is looking for something small and inexpensive. So, for those who have used an HRD, what settings do you use to dial in some jerry tones on a stock HRD?

PS - I know that replacing the speaker with a JBL would be ideal, and that's certainly on my todo list, but for now I'm stuck with the stock speaker.
monroe
Blues for Allah
Blues for Allah

Re: Jerry Tone from a Hot Rod Deluxe

Postby tigerstrat » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:59 am

monroe wrote:I've seen several mentions of the Hot Rod Deluxe (HRD) as a decent combo amp for some Jerry tones when someone is looking for something small and inexpensive. So, for those who have used an HRD, what settings do you use to dial in some jerry tones on a stock HRD?

PS - I know that replacing the speaker with a JBL would be ideal, and that's certainly on my todo list, but for now I'm stuck with the stock speaker.

Dime the treble, kill the bass, bump up the mids and reverb. Compensate with your pickup tone pot. Go from there.
"There, in huge black letters, was 'The Grateful Dead'. It just... cancelled my mind out."-Garcia
tigerstrat

Postby unnbrokenchain » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:28 am

It's been forever since I had my HRD, but I used to nail those sounds pretty well with a few others as well. They're great little amps despite what anyone says about them. Mine was all stock and kept it that way.
unnbrokenchain
Mickey
Mickey

Postby bdhact1 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:06 am

I'm getting great Jerry sounds on my HRD with the settings mentioned above:

Treb 10
Bass 0

But also:

Mid 5
Reverb 3.5
Presence 2.5