Sarnomusicsolutions dirt box

Re: Sarnomusicsolutions dirt box

Postby caspersvapors » Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:25 pm

Scarlet wrote:
SarnoMusicSolutions wrote:I do have a very amazing recording around here somewhere that I'll try to post for people to check out. It was made with a portable Uher tape recorder literally a few feet from Jerry's amp at a JGB show from 1980. Not the sound of his amp mic'd, but the actual sound coming from his rig at close proximity. What I can say is that it's a thicker, warmer, fuller sound than what most of us hear from Jerry that typically came to us thru a Sennheiser 421 inches from the voice coil and metal dustcap. This sound is chunky and fat and full of "gut".

Brad

Would this be The Stone SF 03/07/80 by any chance?
Great show for Jerry scholars. He is LOUD!

know a site where I can dl that?
caspersvapors

Postby lunasparks » Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:00 pm

see link below (and attachment if it works)

http://db.etree.org/shninfo_detail.php?shnid=14594
Attachments
jgb1980-03-07.angushart.14594.torrent
(30.87 KiB) Downloaded 57 times
lunasparks
Billy
Billy

Postby tigerstrat » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:23 pm

Scarlet wrote:
SarnoMusicSolutions wrote:I do have a very amazing recording around here somewhere that I'll try to post for people to check out. It was made with a portable Uher tape recorder literally a few feet from Jerry's amp at a JGB show from 1980. Not the sound of his amp mic'd, but the actual sound coming from his rig at close proximity. What I can say is that it's a thicker, warmer, fuller sound than what most of us hear from Jerry that typically came to us thru a Sennheiser 421 inches from the voice coil and metal dustcap. This sound is chunky and fat and full of "gut".

Brad

Would this be The Stone SF 03/07/80 by any chance?
Great show for Jerry scholars. He is LOUD!

Better yet would be 3/8/80 with that insane E.Rigby jam! Plus it would be kinda cool to know if he was still playing the Mesa preamp at these two SF shows. He is known to have used the Mark IIA for the east coast JGB tour the previous month, and a pic from the following Grateful Dead show on 3/31 shows the dual Twins, so these two nights (plus the Keystone shows at the end of March that I have never heard) are a small grey area in between... sounds like the Mesa to me though.
"There, in huge black letters, was 'The Grateful Dead'. It just... cancelled my mind out."-Garcia
tigerstrat

Postby Staemius » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:51 pm

Sweet - count me in as well!
Staemius
Terrapin
Terrapin

Postby TI4-1009 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:14 am

unnbrokenchain wrote:^^^ Ha! Seems to happen to us all. Happened to me once and it won't ever again. I literally had to hold my hands over my ears and kinda shake my brain back to reality. Those speakers should come with a Caution or Warning sign lol.

At Dead shows I usually sat on the sides, halfway up. Once, back in the 70's, I wanted to get up close on the floor. My ears couldn't take it, they were completely "overdriven" and clipped. Sounded horrible. I never went back up close after that.
"Do not write so that you can be understood, write so that you cannot be misunderstood." -Epictetus

First show: 8/16/69 (Woodstock)
Last show: 3/19/95 (Unbroken Chain breakout)
Member of the Four-Decade Club
Charter Member, President & CEO of OAD (Order of the Ancient Deadheads)
TI4-1009

Previous

Return to Jerry Tone