9-20-1976 Astor theater Reading, Pa

9-20-1976 Astor theater Reading, Pa

Postby sants » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:28 am

Does anyone have a copy or know a good source to get it? Reading is my hometown so I would like to find both shows. My dad had them but is missing the late show. I would like to get both.

I found a download on youtorrent but I am worried to download it. I also have to download something else for it to work.

Thanks
sants
Wavy Gravy
Wavy Gravy
 
Posts: 101
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:44 pm
Location: Reading, Pa

Re: 9-20-1976 Astor theater Reading, Pa

Postby strumminsix » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:20 am

sants wrote:Does anyone have a copy or know a good source to get it? Reading is my hometown so I would like to find both shows. My dad had them but is missing the late show. I would like to get both.

I found a download on youtorrent but I am worried to download it. I also have to download something else for it to work.

Thanks

Suggest you learn how to download. It's a simple 2 step process:
1. tool to download
2. tool to extract to wav or mp3

It's not tough. I knew someone who couldn't figure out how to send a new email (would only reply) and he was able to do it fairly easily...
User avatar
strumminsix
Senior Member
 
Posts: 6653
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:13 am
Location: Chicago

Re: 9-20-1976 Astor theater Reading, Pa

Postby sants » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:05 pm

strumminsix wrote:
sants wrote:Does anyone have a copy or know a good source to get it? Reading is my hometown so I would like to find both shows. My dad had them but is missing the late show. I would like to get both.

I found a download on youtorrent but I am worried to download it. I also have to download something else for it to work.

Thanks

Suggest you learn how to download. It's a simple 2 step process:
1. tool to download
2. tool to extract to wav or mp3

It's not tough. I knew someone who couldn't figure out how to send a new email (would only reply) and he was able to do it fairly easily...



Thanks a lot! I just figured out how to turn my computer on today and don't even know what a download is! I will ride my bike to the library and see if I can find the "internet and computer guide for dummies"!
:hail:
Last edited by sants on Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sants
Wavy Gravy
Wavy Gravy
 
Posts: 101
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:44 pm
Location: Reading, Pa

Re: 9-20-1976 Astor theater Reading, Pa

Postby sants » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:07 pm

Seriously though! Has anyone ever used youtorrent? I could not find it anywhere but there and I don't want to download something harmful.

Thanks!
sants
Wavy Gravy
Wavy Gravy
 
Posts: 101
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:44 pm
Location: Reading, Pa

Re: 9-20-1976 Astor theater Reading, Pa

Postby bodiddley » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:22 pm

I've been using bitTorrent, not too difficult given my limited techy abilities. I do hate having to transfer each file from flac to wav or mp3. Really, what's the point if I'm just transferring it to a lossy format anyway. Just another pain in my arse if ya ask me.
bodiddley
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1042
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 5:22 am
Location: Cleveland, Ohio

Re: 9-20-1976 Astor theater Reading, Pa

Postby enardi » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:10 pm

are u sure u have the right date this show isnt on archive or in deadbase?
enardi
Keith
Keith
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:47 pm

Re: 9-20-1976 Astor theater Reading, Pa

Postby tigerstrat » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:25 pm

It's a Jerry Garcia Band show.

Try sugarmegs.org or maybe thejerrysite.com has more info.
"There, in huge black letters, was 'The Grateful Dead'. It just... cancelled my mind out."-Garcia
User avatar
tigerstrat
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4631
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:20 pm
Location: Portland,OR

Re: 9-20-1976 Astor theater Reading, Pa

Postby Emoto » Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:13 am

sants wrote:Seriously though! Has anyone ever used youtorrent? I could not find it anywhere but there and I don't want to download something harmful.

Thanks!


utorrent is excellent. The other tool you want is trader's little helper; it bundles the various decoding tools together.

Join this site, and you'll see an audience recording available of both late and early shows from that night: http://www.shnflac.net/jerrysources.php?year=1976
Such a long, long time to be gone, and a short time to be there...
User avatar
Emoto
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1237
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:47 am
Location: SE Mass


Return to Tapers Section

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests