Ever use a Boss FDR-1 Fender 65 Deluxe Reverb Pedal?

Ever use a Boss FDR-1 Fender 65 Deluxe Reverb Pedal?

Postby jmfranc » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:26 pm

Ever play around with a Boss FDR-1 Fender 65 Deluxe Reverb Pedal? Looks like something that might have some potential

http://www.buyanalogman.com/Boss_FDR_1_Fender_65_Deluxe_Reverb_p/boss-fdr-1-fender-65-dlx-rvrb.htm
jmfranc
Pigpen
Pigpen

Re: Ever use a Boss FDR-1 Fender 65 Deluxe Reverb Pedal?

Postby JonnyBoy » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:25 pm

I would think that would be a great pedal to introduce direct to the board playing. In that application I've heard i does nicely, kinda like a preamp. I wonder if one could use it in a Jerry rig instead of the pre twin going into a clean SS amp and pull some nice fender tone, It has a nice reverb on it too.

A few companies are making versions of the pedals, For the money, one could buy the new Bheringer "Podx Live" knockoff, and have a library of tones to choose from. I haven't found it appealing to run a DR pedal through my Twin, the tone is already the deal. I would be interested to hear if these pedals are creating good Fender tones.
http://otislotus.net/ Finally finished our new site...
JonnyBoy

Postby tcsned » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:13 am

I have been looking at these pedals and a couple of others as a backup rig to run direct haven't taken one for a test drive yet though. My band mate's music store carries the Boss pedals so I'll give it a try when I go pick my Twin up this week.
tcsned

Postby CoolBreeze » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:22 am

I own one- and it's a very nice pedal. Because it has onboard gain settings, it would be ideal for going direct to board. You can get the reverb along with with a little (or a lot) of dirt on it-
CoolBreeze
Pigpen
Pigpen

Return to Jerry Tone