Thoughts on k120 v e120

Thoughts on k120 v e120

Postby sants » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:22 pm

right now I have one of each in 2x12 HT style cab and the sound is amazing. The K120 is a little louder but not by much. When I compared the two I found the K120 to be a little brighter with not quite as much bottom end. It was also a little louder. I am guessing this is due to efficiency?

I want to get another one, either an e or k and I am not sure which one. I am powering the 2x12 with my Deluxe reverb for right now until I upgrade. Which ever one I get will go into the 2x12 cab with the other. The odd man out will go into my deluxe reverb. When I run the 2x12 cab I do not run the internal speaker.

Just wanted to see everyones thoughts on these speakers. I am torn because they both sound amazing. I know some people are against running an alnico and ceramic magnet speaker together.
sants
Wavy Gravy
Wavy Gravy

Re: Thoughts on k120 v e120

Postby Imagined Days » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:04 pm

I can't speak for the E's, but I love my 2 K's in my Twin!!!!
Imagined Days
Blues for Allah
Blues for Allah

Postby jkstraw » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:58 pm

I have 2x12 E's and K's (HT style). I still A/B a lot when trying different tunes and parts. But I generally settle on the K120's.

I actually find them smoother or more controlled/consistent - the E's seem to have a piercing quality at the mid and high range (depending on volume). Both sound fantastic though...just my preference.
jkstraw
Jerry
Jerry

Postby keirweir » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:45 am

I am in the process of putting together a HT style Cab with K-120's. I currently have two Beyma liberty's in my twin but also have two E-120's. Once I have my cab together and a couple hours of downtime I plan on recording an A-B-C comparrision with all three.
keirweir

Postby JonnyBoy » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:08 am

keirweir wrote:I am in the process of putting together a HT style Cab with K-120's. I currently have two Beyma liberty's in my twin but also have two E-120's. Once I have my cab together and a couple hours of downtime I plan on recording an A-B-C comparrision with all three.

That would be awesome to have on archive here. It is a common question with little scientific proof to guide someone other than our opinions, and we all have plenty of those... Great idea keir :cool: I will help by getting something up with the commonwealth and Black widdow and K-110's too.
http://otislotus.net/ Finally finished our new site...
JonnyBoy

Return to Loudspeakers