7/9/95 DVD Set II

7/9/95 DVD Set II

Postby BayAreaBB » Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:36 pm

Living here in the Bay Area, one seems to come upon these rare treasures. I feel it necessary to liberate a DVD that I just came across. 7/9/95, set II, Shakedown through Drums. True, it's just a piece of the last show, but still a poignant memory. So Many Roads is truly amazing. This DVD is the direct feed straight to the video monitors shown throughout Soldier Field. The quality is A and the sound is A as well (although not true 5.1 DTS, but still amazing). As I do not have the capability of burning DVDs myself, I would like to start a "chain", with the first respondant being sent my DVD tomorrow via overnight mail. From there, copy it and send it along to other members of this site, obviously at all no charge.

I know we all have opinions of the last show, but it should still be available for all to see, should they wish to view. Some great parts, some bad, but all should agree it is truly history.

Let me know.

Regards,
BLB
BayAreaBB
Brent
Brent

Postby phreaker » Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:58 pm

The fact that it's the Last Show gets in the way to much. Some people like it only for that fact, and some dislike it only for that fact. For a 1995 show, I thought is was maybe a B- or B. I also admire the fact that they went out on a fairly high note, so I really liked that show. Seeing it on DVD would be amazing.
phreaker

Re: 7/9/95 DVD Set II

Postby waldo041 » Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:06 pm

BayAreaBB wrote:Living here in the Bay Area, one seems to come upon these rare treasures. I feel it necessary to liberate a DVD that I just came across. 7/9/95, set II, Shakedown through Drums. True, it's just a piece of the last show, but still a poignant memory. So Many Roads is truly amazing. This DVD is the direct feed straight to the video monitors shown throughout Soldier Field. The quality is A and the sound is A as well (although not true 5.1 DTS, but still amazing). As I do not have the capability of burning DVDs myself, I would like to start a "chain", with the first respondant being sent my DVD tomorrow via overnight mail. From there, copy it and send it along to other members of this site, obviously at all no charge.

I know we all have opinions of the last show, but it should still be available for all to see, should they wish to view. Some great parts, some bad, but all should agree it is truly history.

Let me know.

Regards,
BLB

i was seventh row that night and it was my seventh show in a row on that tour. would have been eight in a row, but we all know what happen to the second night at deer creek. i sure would love a copy of that. i have a nice board of the whole night for a trade if you'd like.

no matter how bad that show may be to some. it means a whole lot to me. please pm me whomever can/wants to send me a copy.

peace,
waldo
"Tone is in the instruments. Technique in the hands. Do what you will." ~ quote from some guy at the TGP forum
waldo041

Postby caspersvapors » Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:34 pm

i would love to see that So Many Roads
caspersvapors

Postby BayAreaBB » Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:50 pm

The SMR is truly amazing. Great video of JG and the whole band. Up-close shots of Jerry playing Rosebud. PM me or post your address to start the sharing.

BLB.
BayAreaBB
Brent
Brent

Postby st stephen » Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:26 am

i have been listening to so many roads about 5 times a day for the last three days. It truly is an amazing song. I really want to see that dvd.
st stephen
Steal Your Face
Steal Your Face

Postby LazyLightnin » Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:36 pm

there is a vid of So many Roads at youtube that freain amazing , you have to check it out.
LazyLightnin

Postby caspersvapors » Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:18 pm

its from that 94 show right?
caspersvapors

Postby LazyLightnin » Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:44 pm

ya it is from that 94 show.
LazyLightnin

Postby weedar » Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:41 am

Can't somebody start a torrent with it for us European 'heads?
weedar
Jester
Jester

Postby phreaker » Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:22 am

caspersvapors wrote:its from that 94 show right?

10-1-94 I believe.
phreaker

Re: 7/9/95 DVD Set II

Postby waldo041 » Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:02 am

BayAreaBB wrote: I would like to start a "chain", with the first respondant being sent my DVD tomorrow via overnight mail. From there, copy it and send it along to other members of this site, obviously at all no charge.

i have received the dvd. thanks be to BayAreaBB! the quality is awesome. Samba in the Rain is cut during the first lyric and drums has a small glitch(cut) in it, but overall it is a grate piece of history. just wanted to let that be known.

the tree starts now.

The First 2(two) - U.S. Addresses PM'd to me will get a copy and the obligation to keep the tree growing.

peace,
waldo
"Tone is in the instruments. Technique in the hands. Do what you will." ~ quote from some guy at the TGP forum
waldo041

Postby waldo041 » Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:02 pm

weedar wrote:Can't somebody start a torrent with it for us European 'heads?

saltlakedude has the shakedown and sampson on youtube.com.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhQAo-NFQJ4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzIN5Dr591Q

peace,
waldo
waldo041

Postby phpbb » Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:57 pm

I have received the DVD from Waldo. I agree, its great quality, a great piece of history, but, I must say, its really sad to see Jerry so obviously ill.

I will mail the first three PM's I get a DVD, with the obligation to continue the tree.
phpbb

Return to Goin' Down The Road Feelin' Bad/And We Bid You Goodnight