TPC1 10% OFF MONTH OF MAY SALE ~ RUKIND MEMBERS ONLY!!!

Sell and buy at your own risk...

TPC1 10% OFF MONTH OF MAY SALE ~ RUKIND MEMBERS ONLY!!!

Postby waldo041 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:45 pm

Hey all you awesome cats here at RUKIND! I got my "Pro" Printed Circuit Boards in today and thought i'd go ahead and make them available to you guys here at a discounted price. So with that said I am offering a 10% off the regular price sale for a TPC1 Preamp Buffer for the RUKIND MEMBERS ONLY! This will last from today MAY 1st thru MAY 31st, so get in on it if you can!

Regular price $75
RUKIND Member ONLY Month of May Price $67.50

and that price INCLUDES shipping to the continental 48 States!
my apologies, but if you live outside of CONUS you'll need to contact me about shipping.

if you don't know about The TPC1, you can check them out here;
http://www.wald-electronics.com/wald-el ... clone.html

TO GET IN ON THIS MONTH OF MAY SALE YOU WILL NEED TO BE A MEMBER OF RUKIND AND PM ME HERE AT RUKIND!!!

peace,
waldo
"Tone is in the instruments. Technique in the hands. Do what you will." ~ quote from some guy at the TGP forum
waldo041

Re: TPC1 10% OFF MONTH OF MAY SALE ~ RUKIND MEMBERS ONLY!!!

Postby JonnyBoy » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:50 pm

SWEET WALDO!! Huge Step forward in WALD ELECTRONICS INC. How do you buy stock in such an up and coming company!!! Looks GOOD man!!
http://otislotus.net/ Finally finished our new site...
JonnyBoy

Postby jdsmodulus » Sat May 01, 2010 7:59 am

SOLD!!!! check your PMs thanks Waldo!
jdsmodulus

Postby strumminsix » Sat May 01, 2010 8:26 am

jdsmodulus wrote:SOLD!!!! check your PMs thanks Waldo!

For the MC500?

All I can say is... mod out with your rod out!
strumminsix

Postby aoguitars » Mon May 03, 2010 10:53 am

New PCBs look awesome man! Too bad I just got a bunch from you, or I'd hop right in there :)
Andrew Olson
AO Guitars
www.aoguitars.com
aoguitars
Blues for Allah
Blues for Allah

Postby BuddhaG » Mon May 03, 2010 11:35 am

Hey Mike,

I've been getting more and more curious about your buffers after hearing all the great results people have been having.

Do you think the buffer would fit in the cavity of an Epi LP Standard? Has anyone bought one of your buffers for a LP?

I am a guitar >amp player for the most part and I feel like this would be a great way to bring out the natural tone of the guitar that is lost in part due to the shitty stock pickups, which I believe are high Z. It would be nice to hear the full potential of this guitar :smile:
a whole new gameball
BuddhaG
Bear
Bear

Postby strumminsix » Mon May 03, 2010 11:53 am

Ever considering popping one in a small box for non- JG guitar types?
strumminsix

Postby waldo041 » Mon May 03, 2010 1:12 pm

BuddhaG wrote:Do you think the buffer would fit in the cavity of an Epi LP Standard? Has anyone bought one of your buffers for a LP?

it measures approximately 1-43/64" by 1-25/64" by 1/2" tall, which is bigger then a CB1 but smaller then a CB2 and that should fit in the cavity, but you will also need to fit a 9Volt battery in there and switch the mono output jack to a stereo jack for on/off switching. it can be done, but needs to be planned out.

strumminsix wrote:Ever considering popping one in a small box for non- JG guitar types?

SS, i have done these, but am currently researching the powder coating and screen printing end of this. the ones i have done in the past were merely labelled custom jobs, but fully functional. i have also done them with the effects loop and for use with a remoted 25k ernie ball volume pedal. on pete b's we just did the volume knob. here are a couple examples.

Pete B's Custom Waldo TPC1 with Volume Box

Waldo's Sunshine Buffer with remote 25k volume pedal jack and tuner jack.

peace,
waldo
"Tone is in the instruments. Technique in the hands. Do what you will." ~ quote from some guy at the TGP forum
waldo041

Postby strumminsix » Mon May 03, 2010 1:48 pm

waldo041 wrote:
strumminsix wrote:Ever considering popping one in a small box for non- JG guitar types?

SS, i have done these, but am currently researching the powder coating and screen printing end of this. the ones i have done in the past were merely labelled custom jobs, but fully functional. i have also done them with the effects loop and for use with a remoted 25k ernie ball volume pedal. on pete b's we just did the volume knob. here are a couple examples.

Cool. I was thinking super small and tiny, always on, and buffering your complete signal:
Guitar > Buffer > FX > AMP

OR maybe:
Guitar > Fuzz & WAh > Buffer > FX > amp
strumminsix

Postby waldo041 » Thu May 13, 2010 8:34 am

And now for those with a smaller control cavity or just a presently tight control cavity altogether i give you the TPC1sm!

TPC1sm = 1-19/64" X 1-25/64" X 1/2" Tall
Same circuit, Same component material, just in a Smaller Footprint!

peace,
waldo
waldo041

Postby caspersvapors » Thu May 13, 2010 9:29 am

im with strummin on this one, looking forward to the possibility of a pedal
caspersvapors

Postby WilliamC » Thu May 13, 2010 5:25 pm

I can't believe I missed this two weeks ago!
A pedal with the buffer, tuner hookup, and effects loop would be GREAT for guys who have guitars that won't bear molesting (either for artistic, financial, or sentimental reasons).

I don't suppose you'd be willing to sell a DIY buffer kit?
WilliamC
Blues for Allah
Blues for Allah

Postby waldo041 » Sun May 23, 2010 9:10 pm

Here's what some have said about the TPC-1!

Installation complete and everything works perfectly. If anyone ever inquires, Yes the TCP-1 does wonders for a Gibson ES-335. Both pickups are crisp and clean and very responsive. I rarely ever played my bridge pickup because of it's shallow twangy sound. Not anymore. This TCP-1 has brought a whole new life to this guitar. -- Bryan, TX

I installed the TCP1 buffer in my guitar yesterday and am EXTREMLY pleased! Hard to describe the subtle difference between it and the CB1 I removed, but your description of "transparent" is dead on. It just seemed to smooth out the sound in a way that is almost non detectable to an untrained ear, but as the owner and player of the guitar, it is those very subtle changes that I hear plain as day!! . Middle pickup is definately sweeter. A great upgrade for me!! -- Quakertown, PA

the buffer is in. I routed a big cavity under the tele's pickguard to fit the buffer without any alteration, pure Tiger. This is the most neutral and invisible buffer I've ever used. Very transparent. Years ago I used a Blaster, and it was very gritty and crisp with that jfet and tantalum tone. My recent home made buffer was made with a single discrete transistor as an emitter follower using some fairly colored cap's, and it sounded really good, but imparted a bit of brightness and character. Your (Jerry's) buffer is extremely clean and neutral. I like that. It gets me back to the pure and natural sound of the pickups themselves. Very cool. Great work and thanks again!! -- ST.Louis, MO

peace,
waldo
waldo041

Postby Stone » Mon May 24, 2010 8:23 pm

Very interested in a pedal. I rotate between 2-4 guitars a night this would make taming my q-tron easy and open up some tone options.
Stone
Ice Cream!
Ice Cream!

Postby KCJones » Tue May 25, 2010 9:56 am

Very interested in a pedal. I rotate between 2-4 guitars a night this would make taming my q-tron easy and open up some tone options.

This is laymens logic here, so don't beat me up too bad .... But, Doesn't the pedal defeat the whole purpose of having a onboard buffer ... to compensate for that initial cable run and its quality/character, perhaps the longest and most important in your chain? At the very least I would suspect that your not going to regain any tone loss that was lost from the initial instrument cable. And in fact, a buffer down the chain may simply amplify any tonal degration resulting befor it in the chain. I haven't seen any discussion or manufacturer notes on this matter. Anyone with first hand experience?
KCJones
Billy
Billy

Location: Kansas City, MO via Buffalo NY, San Diego CA, San Jose CA and Wash DC

Next

Return to Garage Sale