Dear Prudence Tabs (JGB) in C

Dear Prudence Tabs (JGB) in C

Postby DiamondDave » Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:46 pm

Hello everyone. I love this forum and its nice to finally be able to contribute in some way.

Dear Prudence from JGB is one of my fav's.

Here's a place to start from, for Jerry's take on the song.

E|-----------------------------------------------------------------
B|-----------------------1------------------------1---------------
G|-0--------0-----------------3-----3-------3----------2------2--
D|-------2----------2---2-----------2------------2------------2--
A|-3--------------------------3------------------------3-----------
E|---------------3-----------------------3-------------------------

E|--------------------------------------------
B|---------1-----------------------1----------
G|-------------1-----1-------------------------
D|----2--------------2---------2--------------
A|-------------3----------3--------------------
E|-3------------------------------------------

Here's a screenshot of what the tab is supposed to look like. Can't seem to get the spacing right on here....
Picture 77.png
Picture 77.png (9.82 KiB) Viewed 2337 times

Cheers!
DiamondDave
welcome
welcome

Re: Dear Prudence Tabs (JGB) in C

Postby Billbbill » Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:11 am

Your post made me check out my post from, oh almost 5 years ago and it evidently didn't fair well from the board conversion to 2.0! I had to re-align it big time. It's here

viewtopic.php?f=57&t=454

Looking over yours I then checked my "his solo repertoire" songbook as I wondered if it was there and intentionally or not what you have is identical. So I'd never seen (hadn't even checked my book!) the bass G in the alternating bass line thingy and thus had to investigate as I hadn't heard/learned it with that -

From watching some vids and listening I could only see the bass G on the bottom once over the first form, the C, in the line. The rest, C7, C6, C+ seem to alternate as I show in my thread, the C note on the bottom (3 on the A string) alternating with the E note (2 on the D string). At times he also just barred the 5th fret with his index finger and walked down the D string from the Bb to the G.

That being said there is nothing stopping one from having the bass G alternating throughout and for all I know he played it that way at some point as well. I also have the bridge slightly different than the book (see the linked thread above) as I keep the C bass note throughout the 3 forms - the vids I watched seem to confirm this as well.

:smile:
Billbbill

Postby DiamondDave » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:22 pm

Yes, I believe you're right about the base C. Nice to see your original post is back online.
DiamondDave
welcome
welcome

Postby jdsmodulus » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:59 am

With the other thread going on about tab, someone needs to make a vid of this tune! its worth it and there just seems to be alot of intrest in JGB in general. The later years of JGB, DP became such a "big" song.
jdsmodulus

Return to Dear Prudence